Look 595 Frames

The 595 is the evolution of the industry benchmark 585. Taking the highest grade VHM carbon fiber and forming brand new tubes and lugs, the 595 will elevate your performance to new levels. Proven at the 2006 Dauphine Libere and Tour de France, this frame took Thor Hushovd to victory on the Chaps Elysses capping off a phenomenal Tour.
Frame material : Carbon fiber : VHM (Very high modulus)
Tube series : PRO LIGHT VHM Carbon (Very high modulus), oversized IN SHAPE section. Oriented stiffness
Fork : HSC 6 monobloc carbon
Frame weight : 1080 grs with full length seat post
Fork weight : 315 grs
Frame and fork weight : 1395 grs
Features :

• "IN SHAPE TUBES" Different thickness and shaped tubes
  • E Post seat post (Seat post with integrated elastomer)
  • High pressurized frame drop out
  • Lugs, Monobloc Seat post Tube and seat post
  • Very high pressurized carbon bottom bracket
  • Carbon Nano tubes NTC

• User Reviews (17)

mscad   [Apr 28, 2012]
    Strength:

Stiff, comfortable, look great

NONE

The best road bike I ever had, its ride like a dream and you can spend hours riding without feeling uncomfortable

yossi   Recreational Rider [Jul 09, 2011]
    Strength:

stiff, comfortable,

Non

The look 595 is an amazing bike, there is nothing more that I can add to the previous reviews. Its stiff, increadibly comfortable and "look" great

Similar Products Used: Cervelo Soloist, Giant TCR, Cannondal
    robertd608   Recreational Rider [May 06, 2010]
    Strength:

responsive. especially strong and stable at higher speeds

best frame i have ever owned.

Similar Products Used: trek carbons. many different models
    Johan   Road Racer [Mar 24, 2009]
    Strength:

Beautiful build quality, flawless paint and assembly, internal cable routing, cable routing design into head tube keeps cable housings off of frame, look headset/fork adjustment design, extremely comfortable, precise and stable handling, solid for sprinting.

I suppose it could be a little lighter but I don't think it would ride the same.

I was in the market for a new road bike after riding Cervelo's soloist carbon and R3 for the last few years and ended up buying a 595 origin. A close friend of mine with very similar strengths and weight just purchased one and said it was the nicest bike he'd ever ridden so I bought one and built mine up with campy 11 speed. (fyi, I'm 5'11" and 165lb) I cannot say how impressed I am with my new 595. The fitment and cutting of the seat tube was very easy, and the epost was very easy to install. Look's headset adjustment is a breeze and a very nice system. After the first 3 min of my first ride, I was truly amazed. It seemed to dampen the vibrations of the road coming through the saddle and frame and seemed to just glide down the road. It was solid, stiff, precise, and incredibly comfortable at the same time. I average about 16 hrs a week on my bike on the road and have a very good feel for my bikes. I'm sold on the epost design and the elastomers. As I mentioned, I've had and R3 for 3 yrs now and between that and the soloist carbon, I thought the R3 was just too stiff, but very light. I was at first a little hesitant as the 595 frame and fork was supposedly much heavier and in the back of my mind, I did not want to go back up in weight. (actually only 110g heavier comparing frame and fork, 56cm R3 vs lg 595 as the cervelo fork is much heavier and needs a fork topcap and expander) The other more logical side of me was saying that ride quality was more important than weight (up to a certain point). After putting in some serious hours, I can say that the 595 is now my new favorite bike.

Similar Products Used: Cervelo R3, soloist carbon, Trek madone, Orbea Orca,
    pchris   Road Racer [Sep 09, 2008]
    Strength:

Smooth but stiff. But i have tested bikes that were smoother and still stiff.

slightly harsh

the 585 is arguably plenty stiff for the lot of us, and lighter.

I like this frame. I wouldn't say that I LOVE it yet. Maybe just need a little more time to get used to it.
    I enjoy riding it everytime i get on it, but i could think of things i would change. Overall, the ride is stiff while taking the edge off of the majority of the road vibrations, but not doing much about the bigger stuff. It is a very fast frameset, and the geometry is aggressive which i like. decending is fast and very accurate as others have mentioned. that is one thing that has been a distinct advantage over my last bike. Out of the saddle sprinting is stiff, but i have had trouble finding the right set up that really makes me feel like i am delivering the power like my last bike did. clearly thor huschovd hasn't had any problems with this.

long rides are not a problem. I've done up to 6 hours and feel good at the end.

I think i would consider getting the 585 if I was to do it over again. I have found the e post to be somewhat of a hassle. I had "slippage" for a while that I finally figured out was due to the bolt lostening over the course of the ride and then my seat would be tilting up towards the sky. a little lock tite took care of that. but overall, i just don't know if the e post adds that much advantage for what you loose in versatility of moving posts easily.

The ride is smooth, but you do still feel the bumps. I think i was expecting a slightly smoother ride. But do not forget this bike is a race bike. it is stiff and that has its distinct advantages. Unfortunately my quads are powerful enough to put that stiffness to too much use.

Similar Products Used: cervelo r3
    willier izoard
    felt f2
    Pete   Recreational Rider [Mar 16, 2008]
    Strength:

Stiff, comfortable, looks good, climbs, sprints, DECENDS! (in my case the rider does not decend well this bike helped me) I was always told Colnago are the best bikes for decending well I have ridden one and yes it was good but not to the point where it was like buying back years. Can not wait to get it to the Alps last few years have been dodgy due to my lack of balls when coming down the Col's now that will change.

Intergrated seat post for travel bags.

I own a 58 R3 and on first impression the 57 595 looked like a gate compared to the compact fame of the Cervelo. The top tube had an odd bend and the big beafy bottom bracket of the R3 made the 595, look too flimsy. The bike had been set up by Joe at Davis Wheel Works CA with me just e-mailing the measurments to him. It was kitted out in SRAM force. Zipp 404's. Zipp bars. Selle Italia seat. All of which where new to me. Joe took one look at the sizes sent over and they matched his and he set it up as for him. I am 6'3" 85kg and it fitted perfectly. I had the bike for 6 days following the Tour of California. The first ride was 55miles over some good hills just outside of Palo Alto CA. Now I am a really big fan of Cervelo and have been life long fan of Pinarello but the Cervelo bikes inspired me enough to swap. I own a Soloist and R3 and both are superb bikes for very different reasons. So the 595 had a long, long way to go before I would be impressed. I also state that I am a recreational cyclist but I have done my share of etape, racing and training so I am reasonibly experienced on a bike. As mentioned it looked big (gate like) compared to a compact the graphics are much nicer than the cervelo with cool details graphics stating special this and that. The intergrated seat post really stood out and the LOOK name started just above the seat tube. The Zipp wheels where demo's with yellow stickers as the ToF guys which clashed a little with the white bike. Now the important bit. The bike did not feel big once getting under way and the balance at slow speeds was spot on. Once on the main highway excitment got the better of me and I headed off towards the center of Palo Alto at a blistering pace. The bike was supper stiff and just when I was looking for down to check my gears (new to SRAM remember) I hit a big hole which tested the carbon wheels to the extreme. Well I was really suprised as to how forgiving the ride was. Anything dumpy or dodgy just disapated through the frame and it stood true. My riding partner just could struggled to stay with me. OK great first hour. Now to the hills. Now I don't mind climbing but as the years have gone on I have started to slow down and be very cautious on decents. We headed up and the bike even though it was over geared took it in it's stride just like the R3 (the best climbing bike I have owned). The stiff frame gave every ounce of energy to pedalling. In truth it was these very steep sections that concerned me. The steeper it got the quicker the decent (some of you may love this I do not). The road conditions where mixed, fog half way, sunshine at the top with dry and wet surfaces on parts of the hill. At the top I turned the bike and pointed it down hill and put faith in the machine. The Zipp's took off at speed. Some of the corners where sharp and drop off hair pins which increased speed dramatically. The other thing to avoid was the dry fine sand in long sections along the edge of the road. If you hit these you where off. It handled each corner with a point and shoot attitude. The front oversized headset removed any chance of flex or chudder. There was also a strong wind which usually on a light bike can be off putting. Not with the 595. It floated down gained speed on each straight section and kept in control all the time. Suddenly, I could decend as I did years ago, no fear. No unexpected twitches and solid. Towards the end of the hill I had become used to the brakes being on the other side of the bars (UK to USA). Confidence grew and I took off over taking my riding partner for the first time in years and just wanting more speed. Top machine! On the way back to town we and some other guys started racing. Sprinting to beat each set of lights, fantastic turn of speed from little imput. For a first ride it took no getting used to. It just worked! 5 days later I new I wanted one. If like me you fear decents, get one. Or if you love decents and want a secret weapon to go fatser, get one!