Lynskey Performance Designs Fixie Frameset Frames

Fixie Frameset

Built around a classic double and triple butted 3al-2.5v titanium tubeset, the FIXIE has beautiful lines and distinguished features that make this the ultimate fixed gear bike for the urban rider as well as the racer looking to hone their skills. Fixed gear riding demands a high level of concentration and focus, the FIXIE has a more relaxed geometry than a typical track bike allowing for a comfortable position on the bike, excellent stability and precise handling. This is a true fixed gear bike that does not use a rear brake.

jon lieber   Recreational Rider [Dec 07, 2011]
Strength:

Stiff in the BB. Very little flex. Simple lines Relaxed geometry

NONE

The perfect townie Bike. Plush ride. Stiff where it counts.
Double//Triple butted tubeset pays off. Craftmanship is second to none. Welds are beautiful .Smooth as silk.

Similar Products Used: None
Scott Ayler   Road Racer [Dec 04, 2011]
Strength:

Lively ride of titanium, Light, Excellent finish, world-class welds, fantastic Lynskey customer service. Durability of titanium, no weight limits.

Price. (The best is never cheap.) Otherwise, no weaknesses.

Thought about this since it arrived on the market back in 2010. I did not make the purchase right away knowing I should do my homework before leaping into deep waters. After the death of my singlespeed winter bike, it was time to purchase the ULTIMATE singlespeed/fix-gear.

I know what is on the market. The Lynskey Fixie is far from cheap, however, the redeeming quality of titanium and its durability is unmatched. This frame material made all the difference in the world (compared to the steel and aluminum frames that saturate the market).

This frame sports road geometry that produces a lively ride, yet it is light with unmatched durability. This frame will last a lifetime no matter what you throw at it. It is comfortable for long distance riding and yet it rockets forward with every pedal stroke.

This frame is also Clydesdale approved. I weigh a muscular 260 lbs, 5'9", 1200 watts seated. This frame handled everything I threw at it without flex!

I pride myself in having the best (that meets my needs). I spared no expense in the quest for the 'perfect' ride. The Lynskey Fixie has met my lofty goals and has surpassed my expectations.

Trust me when I say the Lynskey Fixie is worth every cent. Order the Industrial Mill or the Bright Brushed finish. Either one of these finishes is exquisite and worth the $175/300 additional fee.

The overall craftsmanship is unmatched. The frame looks gorgeous. The welds are second to none. You will not be able to stop looking at it. It's truly a masterpiece.

To top off the review, the fine folks at Lynskey provide excellent customer service. Had one technical issue with rear wheel spacing and Mark Lynskey handled it personally to my satisfaction. Lynskey has an excellent production team and excellent products. Top shelf products that will meet and exceed the most demanding individuals.

The Lynskey Fixie comes highly recommended; it is Scott Ayler approved.

Similar Products Used: None. Lynskey is in a class of their own!
i_godzuki   Recreational Rider [Dec 13, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight, comfortable, responsive, looks great. Service from the company was excellent too.

I'm worried someone will steal it. Not at all cheap but still excellent value.

Really pleased with my custom fixed frameset from Lynskey. I've only ridden it a few times since building it up but it's very comfortable and response. It also looks great--the photos don't do it justice. My aim is to use it as a daily commuting and for training on the flat. It seems ideal for both. Mine is the brushed version customised for brakes. I went on a slightly longer ride yesterday and really didn't want to stop.

Similar Products Used: Other bikes are a carbon Cinelli Man Machine roadbike and a steel Tommasini Tecno.
singlespeedbuss   Recreational Rider [Nov 30, 2010]
Strength:

Frame is stiff yet absorbs the road irregularities quite well and corners without scraping the peddles, good height on the bottom bracket. Welds look great and the Chevron scheme on the frame finish is Sweet.

One water bottle mount on seat post but I did not pay attention when I received the spec sheet for approval. (My fault)

I have ridden about 128 miles so far on this bike mostly commuter miles with one 25 miler on the weekend. The ride is firm but not harsh, between a carbon frame and a steel frame. The handling is quick but not twitchy. I would say the bike handles intuitively and is one with the pilot. Very neutral with really good acceleration when you push on the peddles.

Similar Products Used: 1989 Bianchi Sport SX converted to single speed from geared bike.