Merlin Metalworks Inc. Merlin TiWorks TR 6/4 Frames

Merlin TiWorks TR 6/4

Merlin's new TiWorks 6/4 frame:
-New stiffer and lighter design thanks to an all-new oversized MTS² butted 6/4 titanium tapered and ovalized tubeset.
-New oversized tube shaping and forming enhance drivetrain stiffness while maintaining a resilient ride.
-The nonintegrated engraved head tube attests to Merlin's meticulous artistry and decreases frame weight.
-New sleek hourglass shaped seatstays coupled with newly designed massive tapered and doubled butted
-Chainstays provide smooth riding, rocket-like acceleration and superb climbing ability.

Fastgaijin   Road Racer [Feb 15, 2007]
Strength:

Overall, oustanding workmanship, well-tuned ride, and a lifetime warranty to back it up.

Too many stickers! (lacquer thinner make short work of them)

Everyone I ride with buys a new carbon fiber bike every year! I bought this exquisite, handbuilt, American bike and I plan to ride it for more than one season. Excel Sports Boulder's customer service is outstanding and their sales, including the 40% discount on this bike, are, I believe, a rare thing on the internet. Overall quality is top-notch. The frame arrived with an inspection tag that carried the initials of all the workers involved in its manufacture. Although I may have been 'traumatized' the the somewhat harsh ride of my all-aluminum Pinarello, I have to say that the ride quality of this titanium frame is absolutely amazing; it is dialed in! Road vibration is a thing of the past, but there is no lack of stiffness in this frame. Outstanding!

Similar Products Used: Honestly, nothing similar. (My other bike is a Pinarello Galileo).
OVERALL