Mikkelsen Cycles Road Frame Frames

Road Frame

Custom frames available in Bernie Blend Tubeset for $850 or Full 853 Tubeset for $1050.

babyhueyvfr   Recreational Rider [Jul 31, 2006]
Strength:

Came in 1/2 pound lighter then my 62 aluminum frame. Results of using a 56 seat tube to set up a sloping top tube to my monster tall front end. Where as my old bike was a square geometry. Rides great, fit me, and well I get to be one of those weird guys going against the grain.

None yet

This all started when I got my Alum road bike professionally fitted, after last seasons 1000 plus miles, I figured it would be good to get dialed in. Well turns out my very long legs, and short body, tossed me out of all stock frame sizes.

So I went looking for custom, looked at IF, Seven, Lightspeed, and a few others and well after meeting face to face with Bernie I decided what the hell. Well got my first 50 miles in on the bike and man big difference. The thing rides stiff like my aluminum frame, in terms of not distorting when I hammer on the cranks, but not stiff in terms of road buzz and bumps. I think I have become a deliver in the Steal is Real club.

Similar Products Used: Canondale, Motobecane
OVERALL
lyleseven   Recreational Rider [Oct 03, 2003]
Strength:

The workmanship in this frame is impeccable especially the welds. A mixture of steel brings the weight for such a large frame in at 4 lbs., oversized downtube included. The ride is comfortable and smooth and doesn't punish you after several hours in the saddle. Custom paint by D&D painting is better than any production bike. Bike handles beautifully, especially on descents. Compared to aluminum this ride is unbelievably cush. Impressed enough for the money to order a touring bike from him and the fit was great as well as the ride for long hours on the road.

May have been measured a bit too large for the cockpit. Shortened stem, which helped. But no complaints on workmanship.

59cm custom fitted and designed Mikkelsen steel road bike. Custom paint, etc. Sloping top tube geometry. Mikkelsen has a unique fitting bike which determines the size and dimensions of the frame you require.

Similar Products Used: Raleigh 600; and since a Seven Axiom.
OVERALL