Moots Cycles Vamoots SL Compact Frames

Vamoots SL Compact

• Sloping frame - frame size and top tube are virtual measurements
  • Seamless mandrel butted 6/4 alloyed tubeset

Kiddiecar   Recreational Rider [Jun 17, 2009]
Strength:

The ride is smooth and it climbs great. The frame is not loud and flashy. It will last forever, and I'll never need another bike.

Decals come off.

I now have 12,000 miles on the bike and love to ride it. Other than the decals, the frame looks brand new. It is smooth over rough road and doesn't quit going up hill.

Similar Products Used: Raleigh Competition, Lemond Zurich
OVERALL
mlglisan   Recreational Rider [Jun 28, 2006]
Strength:

It's mine and you can't have it. Not everyone has one.

I can't afford another one for a while.

Okay first things first, I bought the SL instead of the regular Compact simply because Moots said they had one made and could ship it in 2-3 days. If they had a regular Compact ready to ship I would have bought that one instead. That being said, I'm glad I spent the extra money and bought the SL. The dropouts are pretty and the welds are the nicest I've ever seen. I've got two other titanium bikes and I won't ride anything else.

I could go on about the ride quality, how stiff it is, how compliant it is and how awesome it climbs, sprints and eates up the miles and so on but A LOT of that depends on what equipment you have on the bike. Just go ride one, you'll never be dissapointed.

Similar Products Used: Orbea, Merlin, Kish, Colnago, Scott, Giant, Independent Fabrication
OVERALL