Paketa Bikes Magnesium Frames

Paketa Bikes Magnesium Frames

* Paketa's robust carbon fork with 1 1/8" carbon steerer tube for razor-sharp corning and descending * FRM C-Set sealed bearing headset (installed) * Seatpost clamp; special offset design for carbon seatposts * Bottom Bracket shell faced and chased, ready for build-up! * Replaceable aluminum rear derailleur hanger

[Jul 23, 2007]
bigsprinter

Strength:

Very stiff. I got mine built custom with beefier top tube, seat tube and stays as I'm a 190 pound sprinter. Very stout frame yet is very compliant. No rear wheel chatter in corners like similarly stiff aluminum or carbon frames. Durable thus far--I know they've had some issues with their welds in the past, but mine withstood a CATIV wreck that definitely would have dented my old Scandium frame or cracked a lot of flyweight carbon frames. The Mag tubes are thicker than aluminum and thus more impact resistant. Custom geometry is something not possible with most carbon, and the finish work on the bike was amazing!

Could be a bit lighter, but that likely would sacrifice some durability. A bit spendy considering weight but not when you look at the fact that the frame is fully made to my spec's and hand-built here in Colorado. 3 year warranty could be longer given the claimed durability of magnesium.

Stiff, reasonably light, durable, wonderful ride quality. A great weekend-warrior racer's bike (for those of us that don't have a car full of free replacement frames waiting for us in case we wreck one of them)

Cannondale aluminum, Klein Aura, Salsa Campeon, Trek Madone

[Apr 18, 2007]
firebexar

Strength:

Quick
Superlight

Perhaps a little twitchy, so not for beginners

I got my Paketa frame after the Pro Peloton team disbanded

I also own a top of the line carbon Trigon, Omega Alchemy (titanium), and Velo Vie TT bike. Obviously, I prefer boutique manufacturers to looking like a lemming. No slam, just my style.

The Paketa is the fastest bike I've ever ridden. Period. While not as "plush" as carbon, it is stiffer, yet oddly compliant, too. Off the mark and on ascents, you probably won't find a snappier ride. I adore this bike.

[May 14, 2006]
bike_cp

Strength:

Ride and build quality

They crack

The good thing about these frames is the ride...like a good steel frame with the weight of Aluminium or Carbon Fiber. Can't say enough about the ride quality. The bad thing is that they seem prone to cracking. I've cracked three of these so far. I'm a bigger rider (205 lbs and 6'4") so that has alot to do with it no doubt. If you are a lighter rider you probably won't have any trouble. The first one cracked at the junction of the seat and top tubes. Paketa replaced it immediately. On the second one, the right chain stay broke off at the bottom bracket. That one was also replaced. The latest frame was beefed up a bit...gussets at the chain stays and under the down tube. It cracked in two places...where the seat tube is welded to the BB and at the intersection of the top and seat tubes again. I don't know how the latest will turn out as it's been almost a year since I received this frame. I know that I will not be riding Mg again. Back to steel or carbon for me.

Steel, Al, Carbon

[Jan 12, 2005]
ktruddick

Strength:

Stiffness, responsive, comfotable (feels grounded) and light weight.

?????

I have been cycling/racing for 13 years. Racing steel/alluminum/ and carbon, the past year I was racing on a Magnesium Paketa which has convinced me that mg is the future of cycling. The Paketa is as stiff as any cabon but, carries the comfort of any steel ride. By far the most complete ride ever experienced! Paketa is the future.

First ever Magnesum built bike! I have riden carbon, alluminum, and custom steel.