Salsa Cycles 2003 Campeon Frames

2003 Campeon

• The Salsa Cameon uses a complete Scandium tubeset (except for the carbon seat stays) that is custom drawn and butted for each size
  • The '03 comes with a carbon fork with an aluminum steerer tube
  • It takes a Cane Creek IS-6 integrated headset (not included)
  • It'll fit up to 700x28 tires

mdlea_eng   Triathlete [May 26, 2009]

Laterally stiff and vertically compliant; very little road buzz, lightweight, feels solid but climbs really well.

None yet, maybe it could pedal itself.

After riding the too stiff (read that harsh road buzz) Trek 1200, I wanted to find something easier on the butt, lighter, and worth holding onto for a while. Happened upon this frame being consigned in Fort Worth Cycling and was intrigued. It was my size (60 cm), was in great shape (hardly looked to have been used at all), and the price was really right ($250). I went home and researched the frame on the internet and was impressed with the reviews. I bought the frame and paid the shop to build it up with new Ultegra gear and a set of Mavic Aksiums I already had. It's a great bike. It's laterally stiff and vertically compliant. It's relatively lightweight and I've ridden it a ton of miles with no complaint.