Scattante Zonal Frames

Scattante Zonal Frames

• The Zonal tubeset blends Columbus' incredibly high standards with cost-effective weight savings and legendary ride quality, complimented by an ultralight and vibration-damping Weyless carbon monostay/seatstay assembly, and Weyless carbon fork

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 02, 2002]
    TOm

Strength:

Value, stiffness, and acceleration

Needs a better Headset

This is a great price for the money. I ride a Trek 5500 and a Cannondale R2000 and this bike will stay with either of them all day long. The steering is a little skittish but this can be remedied with a better headset, coming soon. Full Dura Ace with Mavic Wheels make this a machine that is the envy of many rides.

Cannondale R2000 Trek 5500

[Apr 28, 2002]
    Carbon fiber fanatik

Strength:

Wonderful climber, excellent finish and attention to most details. Fast and stable bike for the $$.

slight alignment problem with rear wheel. Tacky frame stickers and no headset badge. Also weyless forks needed some fine tuning to center wheel flat in the dropouts.

I built up this bike during the winter here in Michigan. So my first experience was on the trainer while watching the snow fall outside. Once the weather broke and I finally got to hit the road, I was most impressed. This bike flat out flies! I kept it in the big chainring and hammered a favorite local hill. Talk about stiff. Hammering downhill provided a stable and reassuring platform. This frame loves to be ridden. It is definately worth the money and then some and since the sun is shining, I''m done with this and hitting the road.

Kestrel, Cannondale, Specialized, Schwinn

[Apr 08, 2002]
    Ron B

Strength:

-Carbon seat stays add a lot of comfort to the ride. -Very low price for a nice frame -Good climbing frame -Nice paint and finish to the frame

-Bottom bracket threading isn''''t finished very well -Frame dimensions varied a little from what is listed on the web site. -Not sure about warrenty service -No name brand recognition

I was looking for a low priced frame to replace my Fuji Roubaix when I stumbled across the Scattante Zonal frame. I also looked at the other offerings that SuperGo had to offer in the lower price range. After looking around I decided to try the Zonal because I couldn''''t find any bike with the options that the Zonal had for anything even close to what they were asking for the Zonal. The bike so far has been quite surprising to me performance wise. The Zonal is much more comfortable than my previous bike and handles harsh roads very well. The bike has a fairly stiff bottom bracket but I can make it flex a little (which isn''''t too hard when you are 260 pounds). The frame handles very quick, almost to quick for my liking. I would say that the Zonal would be a great criterium bike due to it''''s quick handeling, but for a larger rider would be a nice century frame as well since it has more give to it with the extra weight.

Cannondale CAAD2 frame Fuji Roubaix (Cro-moly) frame

[Mar 17, 2002]
    petetmd78

Strength:

Great performance at a great price, exceptional value all the way around.

None yet...

I''m a 34yo age-group triathlete who spends more time in the saddle than the other two disciplines. I''ve had experience with Cannondale CAAD 4 and Trek OCLV, both purchased used, with great success. But, I wanted a new bike spec''d for me at a reasonable price. Supergo offered a terrific product at an unbeatable price! Paid $399 for frame, fork and integrated headset; $900 for full ultegra build kit (which includes name brands like forgie stem, 3T prima bar, thompson seatpost, wheelsmith built wheels-open pro/ultegra, and flite Ti saddle). This is a $1300 race ready bike that should provide years of service (one local bike shop quoted $1250 just for the ultegra group!) Now the details... the frame is beautifully made, with excellent sprinting qualities and almost all-day comfort. Road vibrations are a minimum (almost as smooth as the OCLV, but much stiffer) and handling is precise. The parts so far have performed flawlessly.

Cannondale, Trek OCLV owned; test rides on Lemond Zurich, Specialized, Airborne, and a few others.

[Oct 12, 2001]
    Russ Stapleton

Strength:

stiff. durable. low cost. it''s got carbon seat stays. wicked! battle ready.

who has heard of Scattante? don''t expect it to have a great re-sale. get a soft saddle, and stick to the road.

Nice frame for the price. I set mine up with a Ultegra mix and Mavic CXP-33 wheels. This is my first venture away from steel, and this ride is a little harsher then I expected. This is a bomb-proof bike. I''ve tried this frame out with my Spinergy Xeros, and they do take a little of the edge off.. but not a lot. I ride this bike hard. I''ve been tring to find its big flaw, but I can''t find it. This bike rocks. I picked the white color, it''s ok, but who cares. For the price, and durability, this bike is great. If I had to do it again, I''d put 105 on it. This setup I believe is a great all around bike, it will make you strong and fast with balls of steel.

Steel

[Aug 23, 2001]
    Clay Bowler

Strength:

Price is what first attracted me. I was looking for something affordable to build up that would be something I could use to race and train on to take the load off of my Team Once Giant. Good stiff frame that I enjoyed from the moment I started to climb. Wasn't really bothered by the harshness of the road. I was going through Bianchi Mega Pro XLs like paper last year. They have a history of cracking in the bottom bracket area. Up until I purchased this frame, I had been disappointed with the climbing characteristics of my choices of frames which include the Mega Pro XL boron steel, Trek 5500, LeMond aero aluminum (good climber, too long of top tube made for uncomfortable rides). My Giant is a great Crit bike that I love to corner on, but my need for climbing wasn't met by it. I decided to go with this frame after putting out mega bucks on inferior climbing frames. It was a good choice.

The bottom bracket threads had to be chased three times by my local bike shop before they were clean enough to place the bottom bracket. Campy threads are deeper than Shimano, so this might have added to the problem. Cane Creek headset gave me lots of problems and replaced it with Campagnolo Record internal headset: problem solved. Bike is overall beautiful in appearance, but needs to go on a diet.

The bike is stiff, which I love for climbing and sprints. I won't race this bike in Crits, but I will be using for training, RAGBRAI, and road races. I am giving this frame a four star rating. The ride is excellent, but the bike could lose some weight, but for the price, you can't complain. I am sure it weighs under twenty with my setup. You can't go wrong with this frame, unless you don't like getting jarred.

Bianchi Mega Pro XL

[Aug 01, 2001]
    Chris

Strength:

Excellent finish and welds. Very stiff, great climber and sprinter. Tremendous value, Name brand integrated headset (Cane Creek) 5 year warranty.

Stiff works both ways, on flat roads it can be a little harsh. A good set of supple tires (at least 120 tpi) solves this issue nicely. Also, no headbadge of any kind. Not a big deal, I'm just used to seeing them.

Apperance: Beautiful from top to bottom, front to back. Welds are as clean and smooth as Cannondale's. Blueish-purple paint looks great and the frame came with a small bottle of touch-up paint!

Ride: Fantastic climber, power is transfered directly to the road. A little harsh on less than perfect pavement, easily solved with a good, supple pair of tires. Descending is a pleasure, the bike is very stable and corners like a sports car. The 1 1/8" fork is very solid and I have noticed no flex under hard pedaling or cornering.

Recommendation: This bike is worth more than the $499 Supergo sells it for. I am partial to the blue, but I have seen the white one in the store built w/campy chorus, it was very nice also. Get one before they're gone. The carbon stays are nice, but don't expect them to be forgiving. Get good tires! If you like to climb, this is a great bike.

'99 Specialized Allez Pro M4, Cannondale road bikes