Serotta Sports Inc. Nove Frames

Nove

2005 Serotta Nove Frame & Fork

MGB   Recreational Rider [Jul 11, 2010]
Strength:

Road feel, comfort, downhill performance, fit

None really...expensive, but worth the money

After completing my first double century on my “weight weenie” Scott CR1 frame, I made the decision I wanted something more comfortable for long distance rides. I test rode 8 titanium frames, but the one that absorbed the rough surfaces the best was the Serotta Nove. I thought I would be giving up some climbing performance for ride comfort, but the bike climbed just as fast as my Scott CR1 that was 1 ½ pounds lighter. I was professional fitted for this frame based on my measurements, some key characteristics I wanted in my body position, and the ride quality. The custom frame took 2 ½ months to build. I feel like I’m sitting in the bike, not on top of the bike. The frame dimensions create a very low center of gravity. Combine this with a very forgiving frame, and this is the best descending bike I have ever been on….a significant difference from both the Scott CR1 and Fondriest Carb level. This bike is so well balanced and absorbs shock so well, hitting rough pavement in a downhill turn at 40+ mph will not upset your line.. This frame makes both the short and long rides very enjoyable.