Specialized 01 S-Works SL Road - Frame only Frames

01 S-Works SL Road - Frame only

Same E5 alloy frame as the S-Works SL Road, but in a frame-only package.

Gabe Haley   Recreational Rider [Dec 29, 2002]
Strength:

Strength, Rigidity, looks

NONE!

I got lucky and got this frame basically un-used from a guy who bought the whole bike, then his club told him he had to ride on their frame so he stripped down the parts. I selected each and every part how I wanted it and hand built the entire bike myself. It is one of the most beautiful bikes that I have ever seen and one of the nicest and lightest bikes most people have been around. I got the weight without pedals just below 16 lbs and with a lighter fork, seatpost, ect., I could easily and inexpensively get it down to 15.25 lbs. This bike is SILENT. It rides like a dream. It is extremely responsive. The only way to describe it is as flawless and fluid motion. I also really like the looks of the frame and decals. I would much rather have it decorated in a style that fits in than have a plain and boring frame. The bike is so stiff and responsive that it is unbelievable. Specialized has done it perfectly once again... so why don't those Frenchies quit crying about Americans beating them and let more of us into the Tour, between Festina and Aqua & Sapone, two world-class teams...maybe they are just scared of Specialized...they have every right to be!

Similar Products Used: Schwinn Supersport 1995 Aluminum
dmeriwether   Road Racer [Jan 11, 2002]
Strength:

Stiff climber but smooth ride with the fork. Light and responds right now! Solid.

None.

Price is not a misprint. I had a Specialized Allez Pro CarFib frame that was chipping. Specialized is replacing frames for cost of fork; fears of CF deterioration. Got the Festina paint E5 and paid for the Time fork, shipping. Magic! Compact frame not a problem, feels smaller but setup/fit is same.

Similar Products Used: Trek 531 frames, Specialized Allez CFib.
Mark Stadick   Road Racer [Oct 31, 2001]
Strength:

Climbs very well,handles,and excelerates pretty good ,very light,this bike likes climbing long hills and is trust worthy decending as well.

When I received this bike I thought I would never fit on such a small frame.But I was able to ignore the compact frame thing and set it up as I would most other bikes with the exception of the seat post and it works well for me (non standard fit)

I am riding the 52cm. actual 535mm reach. weighs about 2pounds.Front end is compliant,but not too flexy. Rear end is stiff so this bike is not even flexing and seems to have a mild buck from the rear end in some riding conditions. The long seat post soaks up some of that. I am using a Easton carbon post. Feel like a moving advertisment with the flashy Festina Team paint job. All&all this bike handles well not affected by the uneven flexing frame, I love this bike and have allot of trouble leaving it at home and riding my rain bike on those long rainy training rides. This bike will save you energy deep in a hilly race. This bike is a better ride for me than all of my current and previous bikes!