Steelman Cycles Signature Frames

Signature

The Steelman Signature is our full custom model, designed and built for you alone. The types of custom frames that I build include: woman specific, triathlon, track, touring, hybrid, mountain, cyclo-cross, time trial, and road racing.

Rich Nickla   Road Racer [Jan 16, 2006]
Strength:

Brent and Katryn offer the best example of customer service that I've found in the bike industry, and having 10+ years of work experience in it myself, that's saying a lot. Also, Brent does the best welds in the business. True story: On a training day at the San Diego velodrome last year, I actually had a guy say to me "what great fillet brazing!". After such a nice compliment, I didn't have the heart to tell him it was really TIG welded :).

My Steelman Signature is a custom track frame, a sprint bike specifically. As always, Brent was very responsive to my input on exactly how I wanted the bike to handle, and the end result is perfect. This thing jumps like a cheetah, I couldn't ask for anything more.

Similar Products Used: Basso, RRB custom, Cannondale
OVERALL
Ricky J   Recreational Rider [Oct 23, 2005]
Strength:

Ride characteristics are "in tune", excellent handling and stability. Makes that sweet steel music over bumps.

Should somebody love their bicycle this much?

This review is a follow-up to my initial review posted May 4, 2001 under the Steelman Stage Race category. This Signature frame continues to delight, a lively riding companion that's trustworthy in all situations- I cannot think of one ride which didn't end with a smile on my face and a song in the heart! She has endured the continually degrading local road conditions without protest for 4-1/2 years, and Brent's ability to just nail the fit is still the stuff of legends for me- where others tried, he delivered!