Torelli Imports Countach OS Frames

Countach OS

The Countach is made of a proprietary selection of Columbus Brain tubing. The three main tubes are Cyclex, drawn oversize, with a 0.5mm wall. The rear triangle is 25CRMo4.

• Sizes, measured center to center: 46, 48, 50, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 60, 62, 63, 64.

• User Reviews (2)

two_wheels   Recreational Rider [Apr 28, 2003]
    Strength:

Smooth, solid ride. Stability seems never to be at issue. Resilient ride. Italian and handmade. Affordable, but without a cost in the perfomance department. Gorgeous paint/decals. You get to spec it.

Weight, maybe, though it's not been too much of a factor for the riding I do.

As a devotee to steel, I found the Torelli Countach OS to be an excellent choice for me, an average recreational rider. I don't kid myself or others about my riding abilities, but I will say that it's no exaggeration that this bike lets me shine in many ways. My bike is a 1997 54cm model. While it may be a bit heavier than other comparably equipped rides, I have found it to be a smooth, stable ride, and, for me at 145 lbs., not a bad climbing bike. For my genuine and aesthetic needs, I wanted a handmade Italian bike that I could afford. This bike allows me that, with a beautiful paint job (Imron) and classic lines. I've done long tours and local club rides with no problems, and maintenance has been minimal...just the stuff you'd expect. I'll be hanging on to this bike and its existing components as they're in great shape; maybe a new wheelset in the near term, but nothing else really. If I were to get another bike down the line, I might try the newer version of the Countach--with its upgraded tubing NEMO/747 or perhaps the Torelli Express Carbon for a slightly different feel. Either way, Torelli offers considerable value in my view. A great bike at a great price

Similar Products Used: N/A
    OVERALL
    Jesse Smith   Recreational Rider [Mar 30, 2000]
    Strength:

Durability, price, classic lugged construction, paint, details.

Weight, flexy

The geometry about perfect for me. I weight 140 lbs, am 5'7" and have long arms. Even at this weight, the frame still has some flex on hard climbs. On the flats, it perfectly comfortable.
    I like the details like a chain hanger, having the cable hangers on the top tube, pump peg, and drain slots at the bottom of the bottom bracket shell. The lugs are pretty without being overly ornate.
    I do sometimes envy lighter bikes. There steel tubes out there that are lighter than Brain, but durability shouldn't ever be a concern. I did switch out the original Brain fork for a Reynolds Ouzo Pro. It was a shame to have to remove the original threaded headset with the TTT Synthesis stem. It is one of the nicest units made.
    My hands prefer a Cinelli Eubios bar to the TTT Forma that came with the bike.
    The wheels were Ambrosio Master 32 hole rims with 14 gauge spokes. These are heavy wheels that have never seen a spoke wrench in two years.
    The Dupont Imron paint has held up perfectly. No sign of cracking for fading. I'd definitely get another Torelli, but I would probably look for a lighter and stiffer steel frame.

OVERALL