Velo Razzo Road Frame and Carbon Fiber Fork Frames

Velo Razzo Road Frame and Carbon Fiber Fork Frames

[Aug 07, 2015]
Richard Bernard

Strength:

Fast for a older bike I rebuilt the bike and I love it.

You cant find another

I Love the look of the velo Razzo and the I cant the company that sold them .

[Nov 17, 2008]
austincrx

Strength:

the price is the biggest, and the ease of finding components to work w/ frame

seams that the BB moves from side to side when I'm pedaling hard on the trainer, but I'm not sure

Weighs 4.25 lbs.- ok for all aluminum frame, but they have lighter ones.

Frame is great for the price. Light and stiff. I built it up with random components: MicroShift 10sp double shifters, FSA Mega-Exo bottom bracket and FSA Gossamer double crank, Nashbar/Microshift F&R derailleurs, Shimano 11-23 cassette & wheels, Alpha-Q True Temper GS-20 fork.
Total weight for this is right under 20lbs.

Specs:
1 1/8" steerer tube, will need internal headset (cane creek ZS-6 I think is what I used)
700c size wheels
27.2 mm seatpost
68mm english Bottom Bracket
clamp-on 31.8 mm front derailleur
31.8 mm seatpost clamp
Campagnolo bottom cable guide
head tube length is 4.5" (I think) so use a steerer that is ATLEAST 6.5" (you can always cut it)
send me a message if you want anymore specs.

Frame size-
56cm (from center of BB to top of seatpost clamp)

I would recommend this to anyone who is just getting into biking and really wants to build a bike/get a cheap, but decent bike.

Schwinn Traveler III (30lbs. and tough!)

[Apr 25, 2006]
Kelby

Strength:

Stiffness. Accelerates and climbs like no other bike out there.

Stiffness. Even with the carbon seat stays, you still feel some road vibration. But the bike's efficiency is worth it.

I bought the VeloRazzo frame on e-bay. 7005 aluminum with carbon seat stays. I was riding a $2500 Wilier K2 frame and fork that the carbon started cracking on, and they would not warranty it. I was on a tight budget, and thought I would give the VeloRazzo a try. Can't beat $179.00. Built it with full Campy Record from the Wilier piece of crap. WOW!! What a difference. This frame is stiffer than the Wilier, and handles much better. Great smooth welds, and no issues building it up. This bike climbs like no other bike I have owned. As soon as I come across a spare $200, I'm probably going to buy another frame just to have in case I would crash this one. It's that good.

Giant TCR Zero, full Campy Chorus.
Wilier K2 Karbon, full Campy Record.

[Dec 23, 2005]
devans

Strength:

Very comfortable ride. Solid bottom bracket with little flex (I weigh 155)Climbs quickly, descends with stability

frame is very light, no track record to speak of yet

Bike is very light. Somewhat steep angles make for fairly quick handling. No major issues building, 1 1/8" integrated headset, 27.2 seatpost all easy parts to find. Overall quality very good. Joints very smooth, no sharp edges anywhere on bike. Joints are quite clean.

[Sep 29, 2004]
tommyz

Strength:

Light weight, fast geometry, bright blue color.

paint may chip, there may be quality issues with the threading

Interesting frame! Didn't see much in the way of reviews when I got it last winter, but now after using it a bit I can write one up. This is made very nicely, and has a tight, aggressive geometry and a relatively lower bottom bracket, at least on the 50cm version I have. 170mm cranks don't appear to be a problem, though I use it for triathlons and time trials and general riding, not criterions. The seatpost size is 27.0, and the headset is 1" - not as common, but not unobtainable. The bottom bracket is 68mm, and like another reviewer I had a problem getting the BB on - I tried forcing mine, but it wouldn't go. For a small price (10.00), the folks at REI 'chased' the threads, and all was well - so there may be a common defect to watch for. I did notice that the paint chips easy, but since Specialized put out a similar color and I was also able to get matching touch up paint. The folks at REI noted that the dropouts seemed suspiciously familiar, and this frame may have been made by one of the larger shops that make frames for many different companies. The largest practical tire size to use is 23c - the rear is pretty tight-I was able to sqeeze a 25c in, but it was to close to the seat tube to use without rubbing. This frame feels fast and responsive, and it certainly stands out both on the road and in a triathlon transition area - I have no way to verify that this was made from 'genuine' dedadaccia tubing or is a well crafted fake, but it's has held up for numerous weekend rides and a couple of sprint triathlons (I do notice some BB creak on standing climbs) This frame is very light, so be careful- I got a nice ding in it when it fell over in the garage.

Univega road bike

[Sep 05, 2004]
notryt

Strength:

cheap cheap,strong. compact. (havent had any problems intalling anything.

doesnt come with cable guide. PITA to find. paint.. not laser graphics.. but my last bike was plain yellow and the frame was 800. If i scratch this up Ill have it powder coated and still be way ahead. the geometry of this bike is very agressive. If you dont want to really lean into the bike then dont get this frame.

frame for the $49.. nothing comes close. The tubing is so fat.. it dont flex.. any flexion mentioned is either from wheels imprperly tentioned or headset not prperly inserted. I built this after destroying my road bike earlier this summer. All altegra 6500 drive train and brakes velosity deep v hubs and rims. under 18 lbs under $1000 (tri setup very fast)

never used a short frame before,...

[Aug 21, 2004]
timeflies1955

Strength:

Very inexpensive, Chinese robot produced welds are clean, seems to be well made.

Paint and graphics not up to more expensive bike standards, heavier than more expensive frames. (56 cm frame 4lb 6 oz. frame only, right at 6 lbs. with the carbon fork, headset, and stem installed).

I didn't notice any reviews for the Vincitore model Velorazzo, so here are my impressions: I just returned to cycling this year in an effort to get into reasonable cardiovascular shape (I'm 48) and was riding an '80's vintage Peugeot Bordeaux that I had purchased some years ago. I kinda caught the bug, and decided it would be fun to build my a fast road bike from the frame up. I am on a somewhat limited budget, so when I saw the Vincitore (7005 aluminum) available at such a reasonable price, I jumped at the opportunity. I wanted Campagnolo components (tradition!) and wanted to do as much of the work myself as possible. I live in Western Oregon near Mt. Hood, so decided on a triple chainring setup. I successfully built the bike, using a bike shop only to install the headset and cut down the fork. Have put approx. 100 miles on the bike so far, very happy with the handling and "feel". I ride 3-5 times a week, and the bike fills my needs very well, so far. Will post an update down the road when I get a few more miles on it, if anything warrants it.

80's Peugeot Bordeaux steel framed roadbike.

[Aug 17, 2004]
eayste

Strength:

solid frame Light considering the cost

Top tube is alittle long for a 56cm frame. Nothing a shorter stem will not cure.

Bought the frame and a carbon fork off ediscountbike.com through ebay. For the money , being a solid $140 . I built it up with full shimano 105 and some xero lite wheels. For the $400 I have into this bike , It is a great ride . Great for the budget conscious rider. No frills but not bad.

Cannondale Salsa Giant

[Aug 02, 2004]
physics_nut

Strength:

The paint job. This thing just eminates a blue aura around itself. Welds look fantastic, and it rides nice down the road.

The threads were not cut well. It took an unnerving amount of force to make the bottom bracket start. Once it got through the first few bad threads it was smooth sailing though.

Really a very nice frame for the money. The blue color is just wonderful, looks great. Rides very well so far, certainly not the best, but I wouldn't expect that for price I got it for. Building it went well until it came to the threads cut into the frame, this is where I had real problems with the frame. It's a 68mm BB with english threads, and I even brought it to a bike shop who agreed that a 68x113 english BB wasn't right. Well after measuring the pitch guage to verify it was in fact 68 english, I gave it a real forceful twist and it eventually went in. Not fun, and the rear D mount was the same way. Aside from that, everything fit perfect, and it rides great. Smooth over the bumps and not over flexy. It flexes for me a bit but that is to be expected with my current physique =P.

Schwinn Super Sport GL

[Apr 11, 2004]
Acenturian

Strength:

Light weight, Dedacciai tubing, good paint job. Looks very nice.

None so far

The bike frame is pretty light weight. I have a small frame and it weighed just under 3 pounds. The paint job is good, the weilds are great looks like the frame was molded together. It's made with Dedacciai Aluminum (sp) tubing. Over all I am very happy with the frame.

Schwinn, Trek