VooDoo Cycles Rada Frames

VooDoo Cycles Rada Frames

TruTember S3 tubing makes this 'road rocket' frame less than 3 pounds. Even with this suprising lightness for steel, the Rada is amazingly rigid and durable. Most significantly it has the smooth, solid ride that only steel can offer.

[Jan 27, 2010]
SinglespeedDan

Strength:

Light weight Reynolds 853 tubing for main tubes, price/quality ride, semi-compact geometry makes it comfortable and efficient to ride,

The beautiful orange paint chips easily (Voodoo cannot provide touchup paint), careful when thighing the seatpost collar! Some weldings could be finished a bit better. The rear dropouts are designed tight around the QR skewer bolts, so it is impossible to mount the bike on MY trainer without damaging the paint, only tried once. The carbon fork it comes with is nice but has a fairly large crown diameter (about 45mm), which makes it difficult to match up with a non integrated (standard) headset, I sold mine and bought one with a more narrow crown (purely for the looks).

I bought a 55cm 2009 Voodoo Rada frame because I crashed and cracked my previous bike and wanted a more comfortable ride and pay less than $1000 for a frame. Out of the box, this frame looks great, and it just gets nicer as you build it. The steel frame absorbes vibration but does not affect the stiffness when you puch hard on the pedals. I treated it with a good dose of Framesaver before I built it. I may modify my review at the end of summer 2010