Schwinn Panther Cruiser Bike

• 1 1/8” Unicrown fork
  • Cable guides, 135mm rear hub spacing
  • Removable derailleur hanger
  • Alloy high-flange hubs, alloy rims & Ritchey Moby Bite Kevlar-bead tires
  • Forged alloy stem & cranks, alloy drag bar, micro-adjust seat post & carbon-look fenders

Charles V   [Feb 19, 2012]
Strength:

looks, seat, and handle bars

Not used for racing

Great bike! It has 7 speeds, aluminum alloy frame with integrated cargo holder. Its seat is comfortable and the handlebars are easy to hold. It looks cool going down the road and you will be well satisfied riding this bike. I give it a top rating for all ages.

HURRICANEPAUL   Recreational Rider [Jan 19, 2011]
Strength:

The welds...hello. The lightness...hello...the LOOKS of the old Cruisers I have always loved. My bike is over 10 yrs old and works like new.

I walked into the Schwinn store over 10 years ago looking for another cruiser bike and this bike immediately caught my eye. I recognized the smooth welds, like the old cruiser bikes had, and went over and lifted the bike up and was blown away when I discovered that Schwinn had made an aluminum frame cruiser. I said "How much?"...the guy says "$600". I reached into my wallet and handed him my Citibank credit card..."Sold!" I said.

A few months later, I returned to the store to customize my bike. I bought the Shimano Internal 7-speed rear hub and I had to change rims because the original rims were wrong for the Shimano hub.

I love my bike and when anyone sees the bike...they kinda look at it funny...and then I tell them to "pick it up"...and they freak out how light an "old" Schwinn Cruiser is.

Ever since I was a kid, I loved the coaster brake (hate hand brakes) because it gave me a Three-Point contact if I had to do a panic skid...two hands firmly on the bars and one foot on the back-peddle and one leg stretched out for balance...for a SUPER-STABLE, controlled skid.