Bianchi C2C Via Nirone 7 Cyclocross Bike

• ITM 300 SuperOver handlebar
  • DA-32 3D forged stem

[Aug 20, 2010]
Eric Borden

Strength:

carbon fiber seat stays, fork, smooth ride

the stock saddle is extremely uncomfortable, tiagra front derailler

Love this bike. I have always wanted a Bianchi. I test rode at a local shop and immediately fell in love with it. The bike geometry is less aggressive than a racing bike and allows for the miles to fly by. The aluminum frame with carbon seat stays and fork absorb a lot of road vibrations.

the only down side is the tiagra front derailler. the shifts are imprecise and take a some effort.

Fuji Newest

OVERALL
[Jun 21, 2009]
tallxcrunner

Strength:

Price
Robustness
Pretty Frame

Comes with a crappy hanger
A lot of frame flex
20 lbs is slightly heavy

I'm a very frugal rider. This bike is excellent for the price I paid. That being said, its not perfect. Ready to ride, its about 20 lbs, a bit on the heavy side. Frame flex is quite noticeable when sprinting. For the same reason, vibration damping is not quite that good, but not bad either. Also, the derailleur hanger it came standard with broke within a month. It appeared like a very shotty design... but I replaced it with a more robust one.

Bottom line:
If you're looking for a good entry level racing bike, this bike is as good as any for a good price. It has served me well for the 1000 or so miles I've put on it so far. Just make sure you get that derailleur hanger replaced... that thing is just terrible.

This is the first road bike I've ever owned, but I've had a lot of contact with other road bikes.

OVERALL