Bianchi Zurigo Cyclocross Bike

Bianchi Zurigo Cyclocross Bike

• Frame: Cyclocross Hydroformed Alloy
  • Fork: Bianchi FC7 Cyclocross - Carbon/alu 1 1/8"
  • Crankset: FSA Omega MegaExo Compact 10sp 50/34
  • Chain: Kmc X10 10sp
  • Sprocket: SRAM PG-1050 11/32

[Oct 28, 2013]
matricas

Strength:

Light, comfortable, stable on hard gravel, fast, double brake system!

wheels are designed to eat disk pads to fast, missing holder for second bottle, no place for extra equipment to install on handle.

Very good brake system with double handle for each brake - can choose between sport mode and relaxing mode to bike.
Because of second brakes there is no space left to install light or bell on handle. some space for odometer in middle.
Very smooth SRAM APEX gear system, good enough for going as fast as i need.
worth 1600 USD and more then that.

[May 23, 2012]
miles

Strength:

Sturdy, light, agile, fast and fun.

Still trying to find them - perhaps a bit on the expensive side, but Bianchi is worth the extra cost.

I made this into my main road bike, so I can't speak to it as a pure cross bike. I swapped out the knobby tires for 28 road tires, and upgraded the drive train to SRAM Rival. The SRAM Apex was nice when I tested it, but the Rival is a huge (and lighter) upgrade.

As a road bike, it's probably a tad heavier than some others at this price point (around $2000 with all the upgrades), but boy is she sturdy and fun. She is a blast to ride, fast and just rides like a dream. With the knob tires on, she'd be great on fire roads and unpaved action. The carbon forks absorb much of the bumps (and the 28 tires help too). Coming from a similarly priced Shimano road bike with Ultegra components, I find the Zurigo to have so much more stability. As a bigger guy (200 lbs), I appreciate that a lot.

Not to mention, she's just a gorgeous-looking ride. I can't stop raving about it.

As is, it makes a tremendously good commuter. With upgrades, a terrific (but not racing-level) road bike.

[Jan 25, 2012]
christopher h

Strength:

strong and versatile, fast in any environment you set it up for. Great looks compared to Axis it replaced in my opinion.

cantilever only (until i put a disc on the front only) Too expensive to buy from dealers for 1500 with such poor components.

I use this bike to climb 2k ft. mountains on fire roads with knobbies or centuries with some 25c road tires. bike is comfy and handles great in both situations. I wish v-brakes fit, cantilevers are a bit of a pain. Has all mounts for racks and fenders. I bought frame for 700$ and transferred sram rival carbon parts over from a 800$ bike i got on craigslist, sold that caad9 frame, so i'm only in 1000$ I highly suggest this route