Cannondale Cross XR 7 Cyclocross Bike

• Crank: FSA Omega Compact, 36/46
  • Chain: Shimano 9-speed
  • Headset: FSA, Alloy integated, 16mm top cover

Spanky_88007   Recreational Rider [Sep 08, 2008]

American made frame. The compact crank. I'm used to the triple on the roadie, but the 36/46 works great on the hills here. The tires. The Maxxis Raze tires on the bike have done great on loose surfaces, sand/gravel, hardpack, and they shed mud pretty good, IMHO. They fly down the pavement perty good, too. Oh yeah, the disc brakes(BB7s) do one hell of a job.

While I love the compact crankset, I really could have gone for a 50T big ring. Also, I've read a ton of bad things about the bottom bracket(FSA Megaexo) and it worries me a bit. The saddle. Unless I'm wearing my super duper chamois shorts, that thing hurts! The ghost clicks on the front shifter. It's made for a triple, and thus I've got to hit that puppy a couple of times for it to shift - just a small gripe.

Review for the 2008 XR7. I've had this bike for 2 weeks/200 miles and it is FUN! I've done some of the singletrack around here and have also kept up with my buddies on their roadies during group rides. By far, this bicycle has been a positively great purchase, with only a few minor complaints that will no doubt be silenced as parts wear out and are replaced.