Fuji Bicycles Cross Comp Cyclocross Bike

• Saddle: Fuji UltraLite Racing
  • Seat post: Fuji Ultralite Alloy, 250mm
  • Stem: Fuji Pro Ultalite Forged Alloy +/- 6 degree

fixiedoesit   Commuter [May 17, 2011]
Strength:

strong, handles excellent.

haven't found one yet.

Mine is actually a 2010 model. I love this bike. Very solid and responsive. I don't have any complaints. It handles excellent. Nice stiff frame with a strong carbon fork. The group may not be top notch but for the price you get a good deal. Besides, you can upgrade from there.

Similar Products Used: None, but I've a mnt cannondale, had a Leader Tri-bike, Centurion road, Cello (Colnago) road bike, Vilano (fixie)
jbrown3429   Commuter [Oct 05, 2010]
Strength:

The 105 Group is probably the best part of this bike.

I don't like the seat post...it's set back a bit which has caused me some grief in trying to find a saddle.

This is my first road bike and so far, I really like it. I commute 24 miles round trip 4 days a week and this bike gets me there with a quickness >:-).

Colorado Yooper   Recreational Rider [Dec 17, 2009]
Strength:

Stiff, good midlevel components, durable.

the usual on entry level bikes; seat, seatpost, tires, wheel

This for a 2009 model.
OK, after the 150 miles this week in the cold and snow of Denver, I can say this bike is performing really well. Other than an out of the blue flat, I have had no problems with the bike.

I upgraded to an Ultegra chain and cassette (11-18)which made a world of difference on the climbs. My next item to switch out is the seatpost, seat and tires, which are just fine as is, but I want to make a toouring bke out of it for the summer so they have to go.

mattlreese   Recreational Rider [Nov 18, 2009]
Strength:

1. Solid component group with 105 shifters / cassette and ultegra rear derailleur
2. Wheels were very true
3. Low price
4. Free tune ups from Performance for life, this is actually a big deal. I know how to tune my own bikes but it is nice to have professionals do it from time to time.

Bottom Bracket - I can see people complaints as mine is starting to make noise at only 300 miles. This is not a fault of the bike however but the bottom bracket that works with the crank. The crank is very nice too which is a shame.

I am very impressed with the quality of this bike. The ride quality is very smooth, the bike feels strong (this is important to me since I am 6’4” 200 lbs) and at about 23 lbs it’s not the lightest bike ever but it is light enough. And performance gave me another 10% back which I used to buy better tires and a trip computer so the price can not be beat.

Overall this is a solid entry level bike, with mid level components. I would highly recomend it for anyone looking for an entry level bike that can compete with many mid level bikes which cost at least $500 more.

Similar Products Used: crapy hybrid bikes
Trucha   Recreational Rider [Feb 16, 2009]
Strength:

Easy to handle, Carbon forks decrease weight, not bad in the dirt!

Crankset by Truvativ apparently junk and had to be replaced at 500 miles...Warranty service by Truvativ is poor according to mechanics...Fuji could care less!

I bought the Crosscomp to train on as I am fairly big and I figured it could take more of a beating than a skinny road bike...I have not been disappointed....Smooth, straight, quiet and easy to handle and quite light...The crank set by Truvativ is apparently junk and I had to replace it at 500 miles.

bdee   Recreational Rider [Aug 14, 2008]
Strength:

Stiffness, sharp handling for a 'cross bike IMO. Relatively light weight and it doubles nicely as a capable road bike for training.

The only real nit pick I have is the styling, as noted below it will be a limiting factor during resale. Unless, of course, loud flashy graphics appeal to the interested buyer. Also, the cranks (FSA Gossamer) are a PITA as noted above.

I'm no road racer. I'm more of a MTB racer who likes to utilize road riding for training, commuting and, of course, a little 'cross racing! I've owned some fairly long and laid back 'cross bikes in the past. This was either due to early sizing screw ups or design. To change it up I was looking for a quicker handling bike that I could use to ride on the road and race 'cross. This bike fits the bill perfectly.

I got a great deal on mine with all the upgrades, and sold off the stock wheelset that came with it. The cranks are the only functional weak point. Apparently the FSAs are notorious for loosening up and I wish I had known this ahead of time. That said, it wouldn't have stopped me from buying the bike though. I'm planning to swap them out shortly.

As a woods bike it's a bit stiff, and the quick handling traits allow for zero day dreaming. Compared to something like a Poprad, or the On One/Planet X Kaffenback, it's a "twitchier" bike. Not that there's much to complain about as that only helps it corner better on the road. I do have a little toe overlap (also noted below) but it's not particularly concerning.

I'm looking forward to racing it this fall, and continuing to use it for road work, but I think I'll stick to the On One for the local MTB trails.

Similar Products Used: Lemond Poprad, Redline Conquest, On One Il Pompino.
FrenchFit   Recreational Rider [Jul 02, 2008]
Strength:

Ride and balance. Love the drivetrain. Frame rides big, which is cool unless you go up a size, (err on the side of a smaller frame).

Feet overhang front tire by 2 inches (my size 11 feet). At 9 and 3 if you make a sharp turn - bang. Kinda scary, you have to be very focused going through traffic and around obstacles or your foot will be in the treads for sure. I'd say this is a design problem, straight out. If you are going to be picking your way through trail obstacles I can see a lot of abrupt falls in your future.

2008 Model, new. Beautiful bike, but QC isn't great. If I wanted to be picky I can find a dozen little annoyances. Smooth as glass, great acceleration, frame feels stretched with the long stem but well balanced. Styled out look, I think that's a negative in the long run. Geometry has one very big and potentially dangerous issue, see below.

Similar Products Used: Other cross bikes.
cameron muir   Road Racer [Jan 08, 2008]
Strength:

The bike feels very solid, every pedal stroke sticks, there is not slipping even in mud.

nothing really, could use upgraded tires.

This bike is great all around, it has a decent set of components and the carbon fork soaks up the bumps.