Litespeed CX Cyclocross Bike

CX

The CX is the first true production cyclo-cross bike from Litespeed. 3/2.5 Litespeed titanium delivers durability and strength like no other cross frame material. Geometry developed from feedback out in the field.."Literally" Team Maxxis. No other cross bike has the experience and knowledge that went into the CX.

vcnz   Road Racer [Feb 10, 2012]
Strength:

lightweight

I broke the rear derailleur hanger during a cyclocross race. The pulley of the rear derailleur got stuck due to the mud, the chain pulled up the derailleur and the hanger got broken
Litespeed didn't want to fix it under warranty, their customer service is horrible, and their lifetime warranty is fake

The frame is great, it has a very good balance in responsiveness, weight and confort.

twinpro   Road Racer [Sep 22, 2011]

Warranty and customer service

The bike was built using a wild collection of parts by a bike store employee - Zipp 404s, Captain CX, Pro bar and stem, Specialized carbon seat and post, Dura Ace group. It looked kinda ugly but I liked it. In my first event, and only my third week of ownership the frame failed. The rear dropouts bent straight out on both sides. I contacted Litespeed and after sending some photos they said it is not a warrantable issue. They would repair it if I paid $459 plus shipping both ways.

Since the bike was only three weeks old my credit card insurance was going to cover the repair cost so I agreed - disappointed that I had to pay but happy it could be repaired.

During the disassembly of the bike I discovered that the seat post was stuck; I left it in the frame and asked the warranty claim department if they could remove it.

Fast forward four months and I still don't have my bike back - weeks later than the expected return date that Litespeed gave me.

When it finally arrives I look in the box to discover that they removed the seat post but didn't send it back to me. After another round of emails (you're not able to call the warranty department) I learned that their techs broke it and they would not be reimbursing me for it. They reason that since I asked their techs to remove it I was assuming the risk that they would destroy it. I say that their techs should have told me up front that if they break it it's my responsibility. That never happened. And they didn't bother to tell me it was destroyed - I had to ask why it wasn't returned.

The bike might be great but their customer service and so called lifetime warranty are non existent.

pablo1982   Recreational Rider [Dec 25, 2010]
Strength:

Lightweight. Robust. Comfy. Customisable. Lifetime frame warrenty. Build quality

Not for extremes of riding but a great all rounder.

For road cycling alll you have to do is pop road tyres on, for offroad: same just change tyres. This is a great all rounder!

Similar Products Used: Nil.
PA MTNBKR   Commuter [Jun 25, 2009]
Strength:

LIGHT WT

GREAT YEAR ROUND COMMUTER ALL WEATHER