Yeti Cycles ARC-X Cyclocross Bike

• Shimano Ultegra crankset with 105(50x39) crankset
  • Easton EA 70 stem with Ergo 44cm drop handlebar

[May 08, 2011]
Stevemtbr

Strength:

Overall a great ride, flawless paint job

This review is for the 2011 model and price paid includes shipping. I've had many bikes over the years and this was the first bike ordered off the internet. Realcyclist.com did a great job of getting the bike to me fast and ready to ride. I have a 32in inseam and the medium fits well. The only thing I chaged was the 90mm stem to a FSA 130mm stem. The Apex group works great, love the feel of the shift/brake levers. There was some slight brake chatter at first and after I toed in the brake pads the chatter went away. Still very solid breaking. Wheels spin easy and true, the WTB saddle is comfy, and the tires hook up well off road. Bike weight with pedals is 20lbs not super light but still respectable and I will bw racing htis up coming cross season.

Cannondale CAD3 cross bike, old Bridgestone RB2 set up for cross

OVERALL
[Jul 09, 2008]
Nic DeGoss

Strength:

Ahhh, HANDLING, its as razor sharp as its race hardtail brother-the ARC. FORK CHATTER what??? listen people, get yourself some neo retro's and stop with ease. never once on an EC90X. The one and only ACR STAYS give it sex appeal and all the right stiffness (torsion & lateral)and suprising comfort has motivated a few centuries. the SLIGHTLY SLACKER ANGLES begs one to ride this baby right at the pucker factor on every down hill. And last but not least, once you've spent some QT together one wont be able to keep the rubber on the dirt-STABLE, stable, stable- in the air, steep/technical n fast and twisty. a CX racers Subi WRX o'so fast.

NONE!!!! "i can think of so far". after riding an Orbea Opal for 2 years I could not have found a bette,r more versatile counter part. I've got about 850 mi. on her and have riden it in the weekly road rides and most all of my favorite trail rides. Everything from the 1 hr. stress relief sprint to the 100 mi epic. I've almost retired my mtbs for the season.

Bought this small ARCX frameset late fall, Slapped some fenders on her and commuted all winter in the slop of the central rockies roadways. This season she doubles as my roadie when i decide to swap my wheels and bump elbows with the spandy clad carbon freaks. spec'd it with an o'so sweet SRAM Rival drive, an FSA compact carbon crank w/ a one by ten 46tx11-28 ratio. mmmm.

Bianchi Cross Concept 2003-2005