Diamondback Edgewood LX Hybrid Bike

• SSW700 Double Tunnel Alloy Rims
  • Avenir Deluxe 2-Density Coil Sprung Hybrid Saddle

[Mar 21, 2017]
Kara LaFrankie

Strength:

I bought this bike in 2010 at Dick's. It's durable, dependable, comfortable and fun to ride. I've probably put several hundred miles on it on the trail and on the road. I haven't experienced any of the front derailleur issues that others have reported. It shifts very smoothly.

I placed a gel seat cover over the seat to make it more comfortable. It's a heavier bike, so it doesn't do well in triathlons.

It's a great bike for the price. I upgraded recently to a road bike and my daughter insisted on taking this one instead? of me buying her a brand new bike. She loves it. My son also loved it and bought one just like it. I leant it to a friend to use on a 40 mile winery bike tour. She liked it so much, she asked her husband to buy her one just like it for Christmas. Now she's got her own, too.

Diamondback Wildwood

[Sep 18, 2014]
Roy

Strength:

Comfort, and design fits my needs. I had back surgery years ago, so the geometry works for me.
Suspension is good, I added a better seat with a spring too.

Seat sucks.
The front shifting isn't smooth. I'm an X BMX racer, so I maintain my bike myself. The back derailer is smooth, the front sucks.
I get it adjusted to where it ishifts up or down ok, but not both. Lol

Over all it is really a good bike for the money. If your just starting, or to ride for exercise it is a good bike. I ride on a stand a lot, and on the road. Really fits my needs, but with a few upgrades can be great. I haven't had any mechanical failures. Prolly 6 years old and several thousand miles.

[Apr 16, 2013]
Carl

Strength:

I have rode many cheaper bikes. I had a Huffy Thunder Ridge Mountain Bike for over 10 years before I bought this one. I have had this one now for 3 years. I have put a couple thousand miles on it already and it has done very well. My longest ride has been 45 miles and it did great. I needed a good compromise between road and mountain bike. I tried a friends road bike but it didn't meet my needs.

It did take me a few attempts to get my rear gear tweaked where it didn't jump gears. Other than that it has been trouble free. The original seat left some to be desired. I did change the original seat as soon as I got it for one that was more comfortable to me for some distance.

Great Bike for the price for an intermediate rider. I enjoy riding some 30 mile + rides when time and weather permits.

[Sep 21, 2011]
Mike

Strength:

Smooth, Shimano shifters

I have owned my Edgewood for a little over 2 years now. I have put over 2000 miles on it and it still rides like the day I bought it. Changes gears smoothly and is a very comfortable ride. I've ridden quite a few different hybrids and this is the best one I've had for under $500.

[Jul 28, 2011]
bhe

Strength:

It looks nice. The comfort ride suspension works well. The handlebars and grips are comfortable.

Terrible front derailleur shifting renders this bike unrideable. Luckily, I had purchased the extended warranty plan, which included a no-lemon policy. They recently refunded my purchase price (in the form of a gift card), less the cost of the warranty plan. This is probably the first time that I am glad about buying an extended warranty.

This is a 2010 Diamondback Edgewood LX. It is comfortable, except for the saddle itself. It begins to chafe within a minute of riding. An added gel saddle cover helped. It looks nice. The front derailleur shifting is absolutely horrible. It has been worked on by every technician available at the retailer I purchased it at. They had it in their shop for almost six months of the last year with no positive results. I had an independent bicycle dealer look at it as well. They were unable to do anything to help it. I was able to ride it approximately 3 miles in one year of ownership.

I have a Schwinn Varsity, purchased new in 1973. As heavy as that old Schwinn is, it rides and functions like a dream compared to the Diamondback Edgewood LX.

[May 14, 2011]
danb

Strength:

smoothe and comfortable!

price is right! i do 30 mile rides and have no complaints. use on road.dirt and packed stone. tried some friends more expensive bikes and decided to buy two of these,one for me and the wife.