Diamondback Maravista Hybrid Bike

• DB Dual Density Ergo shaped grips
  • Puncture-resistant Tires

[Nov 03, 2014]
fred

Strength:

Good bike with better than normal components

None. Its aluminum frame but shocks in front and seat do add to weight like all other bikes

If you read the reviews, people want everything. This is a hybrid bike with narrower than mountain bike tires. It will not ride in dirt like a mountain bike. It has click shifters which are found in the more expensive bikes. Yet the price range is equal to the less expensive bikes. Wheels are made by another brand name company so if there is a problem its not diamondbacks fault. In general this is a good bike and better priced for the components than similar priced bikes.. Some people like to be negative or want the bike to do what its not designed to do

[Aug 15, 2014]
Mike

Strength:

Well built. shifts great. I ride about 10 to 20 miles a day and have had the bike for 3 years. Had to replace 2 spokes when it was new but found out if the tires are inflated to the 80# max that they call for the problems with the spokes go away. alll in all it has been a great bike. I do only road biking and it does great on hills.

The only weakness that I had was the spokes in the beginning but once I changed the air pressure in the tires I no longer had that problem

If you need a good bike buy this one

[Sep 18, 2012]
adrian aaron

Strength:

I bought this bike knowing what it was. A hybrid. I did not expect it to be good at road riding nor mountianbiking. I expected it to help me get back in shape after a very bad bicycle accident (mutiple broken bones and surgeries). Anyway it is comfortable, ride great around neighborhood and does really well on easy trails. It shifts well, brakes work. I can't complain it does what I expected of it

No real weaknes. However I am sure it would if I tried to hardcore mountian bike with it or treat it like a pure road bike. I did not like stock bars so I replaced them along with grips. I have had the bike over three years now and haven't had to adjust anything outside of normal maintenance

All in all I have very much enjoyed my bike. It has survied mountain bike loops at a relaxed pace and handled road rides in pure comfort.
It has also served well as a spare bike do to being so adjustable, stem, seat all make it very versitle.

[May 27, 2011]
Don Gload

Strength:

better on the road than a mountain bike

spokes obviously

I bought this "bike" in April 2010 so I have over a year of experiences on it. I ride daily to work for a total of 10 miles per day, so this piece gets a lot of use. I think Diamondback was hoping whoever purchased this bike would ride it twice, then hang it up in the garage only to be ridden sparingly.

I have taken this bike back to Sport Chalet no less than 10, yes 10 times to be repaired. (luckily I bought the 1-year warranty). The spokes on the back tire continue to break. Sometimes its one spoke, other times it has been up to 5 spokes! When the spokes break, the back tire wobbles and rubs the brakes, thus making the bike terribly difficult to ride. No, I did not jump off any curbs or take it offroading. I just ride in the bike lanes on streets and on the Santa Ana River Trail.
Since I ride this "bike" daily to work, the constant maintenance has been a nuisance.
The "bike" has many cheap plastic parts which is not what you would expect for $350. Luckily, Zach from the South Coast Plaza Sport Chalet has taken the time to repair my bike each time and this last time, he replaced all the spokes with stainless steel spokes to hopefully end the problems with this miserable piece of junk.

[Jun 15, 2010]
B Barnes

Strength:

Decent components except for the seat and pedals. Shifts on front and rear are quick and smooth.

Slightly heavy and no attention to ensuring bearings were properly greased during manufacture.

Bike is made in China. At the first service of this bike, found the wheel bearings had no grease - only some light oil. Greased bearings and BB and it rides smoother. Seat is on heavy side and as I am on the heavy side as well needed a better saddle. Pedals were also cheap and upgraded. Good bike for the price.

Only hybrid bike I've owned. I am looking to upgrade to a better bike later.

[May 10, 2010]
deweyz

Strength:

Looks really good.
Hybrid style has a little flatter tires, good for rail trails and a little faster on road than mtn bike.

Mechanical problems -- multiple. Spent a full 3 months out of it's first 8 in the Dick's Sports maintenance Shop.

Needlessly Heavy. Heavier than my cheap Walmart Mountain bike, no joke.

Got in a big year-end sale at Dick's Sports for a decent price. Intended to replace my Schwinn Ranger Mountain Bike for rail trail use.

Not that it's the worst bike in the world, but I was sorry I bought this one. I figured it'd be good for the rail trails that I ride all the time, but it wasn't all I had hoped. Had mechanical problems from day 1 and found it to be somewhat slower and heavier than one would expect. I honestly have a better quality bike from cheap *chain dept store* stock.

Was disappointed with it.

Intended to replace my Schwinn Ranger Mountain Bike for rail trail use.

[Jul 27, 2009]
Anthony

Strength:

Built strong

Tires wear out fast

I received my Diamondback for my 13th birthday and ever since, I've loved the bike! I haven't found anything wrong with it and I intend to have the bike for years to come.

N/A

[Aug 16, 2008]
hannah

its a peice of crap, i hate everything about it

[Apr 06, 2008]
Victor

Strength:

Lightweight, good components, and easy to maintain. Quick release hubs front and rear. 700c alum. alloy wheels. All parts except fasteners seems to be rustproof.

Did not come with a kickstand. Reflectors are not adjustable and kinda cheesy.

I found this 2006 bike on a "blowout" deal @ Dicks's for $250 ($200 off store tag). What a steal !!! This is a great ride and a well built bike. I stuffed another $100 into fenders, panniers, computer, and lighting. I now have a totally awesome ride that looks like a police bike. I give it a "5" all the way.

[Aug 26, 2007]
Jim

I am thinking about joining the tour d france....and i was wondering if anyone wants to go for a ride?