Giant Cypress LX Hybrid Bike

Giant Cypress LX Hybrid Bike

Cycling has never been easier or more comfortable than with Giant's Cypress. It features an upright riding position and a suspension fork and seatpost

[Jul 23, 2018]
Doc Dangerfield

Strength:

I have been riding all my life. I am 55 and in great shape. My previous bike was a super touring drop handbar with skinnyer tires. I am crazy about the Cypress LX. Gearing is prefect for me brakes are tremendous bringing me to a safe stop from 70+ (down hill). The front shocks helps with the bumps a little. I believe that they really keep road impacts from bending the front rim. Great thought was given when designing this bike it is for me a fantastic bike and I love to ride it. You can easily spend more but why?

The tire width is perfect for all on road and dirt and gravel roads. I will probably put a different seat on. as long distance writing isn't the best with the current seat I have smaller hips. I LOVE THIS BIKE

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2018
[Dec 28, 2016]
dfraser

Strength:

Can only say good things about this bike.The best bike I ever rode.

Just turned 2600 kilometers, not one problem, but time for new tires.

[Mar 07, 2015]
Rory Calahan

Strength:

So smooth. So comfortable.

Can't think of anything.

I picked up a 2014 recently. Could not believe the comfort and balance of the bike. If you want to spend a few hours regularly on a bike; your back will love this bike and so will your asss. Even the seat is good and this is rare on a stock bike. Not to mention less weight on your arms and wrists helps a lot too. No way will a road or mountain bike compare after a long time in the saddle.

Do yourself a favour and forget the department store cheapie. Spend the extra money on one of these and really enjoy bike riding. The difference is overwhelming.

[Dec 03, 2013]
Thomas

Strength:

Rides very well. Love the handle bar setup. The click shifters. Front shock. Seat post shock. Sturdy and reliable. Purchased this Giant Cypress in Hune 2012. Blue metal flake paint. Easy to ride. Very good bike for the price. Well worth it. $379 I would recommend one of these bikes for anyone who likes to ride on or off the bike trails.

I have not found any weeknesses with this bike. I recommend that anyone at least take one for a test ride.

One of the best bikes i have ridden and I,ve rode many over the years.

[Sep 07, 2013]
Jerry Strand

Strength:

strong frame, excellent components for money, durability, easy maintenance, nearly as good after 12 years as when new, reliable

a bit heavy

I've ridden this bike for 12 years and 6,000 miles, on road and off road. It's fitted for extra water bottles, bike rack, storage bags. No problems other than normal maintenance. Still a great looking bike, rides exceptionally well, and handles with excellence balance and stability on back-country trails.

[Jun 07, 2013]
Richard

Strength:

Quality build & components, well balanced, good body positioning

slightly on the hefty side, cantilever brakes instead of disks

I went to a reputable bike shop in the west Island area of Montreal and purchased the Giant-Cypress. I love this bike. Sooo comfortable, easy to ride, overall quality is outstanding. My first ride was 20km long and averaged 19km per hour on an undulating boulevard with a slight headwind. The hour long ride that was performed at good cadence was superb, nothing numb or sore and could have continued easily for another hour. BTW, I haven't ridden a bike in many years!. I am 53 and I felt 33 riding it! It's slightly on the heavy side but that's fine, a definite secure feeling riding her is worth it. Not as fast as a road race bike but if you use it to commute or exercise like I do, it performs well. Very happy I got this model. I would have preferred disk brakes but the cantilever ones work fine, even wet.

[Jul 27, 2012]
Mac Bryant

Strength:

Adjustability. Seat shock. Front shock. Bomb proof.

Weight.

Long time, year round commuter in upstate NY (down to 10 degrees, 14 miles one way). My aluminum framed road bike was jarring me and as I grew older I found myself using my mountain bike more and more and letting the road bike hang in the garage. At age 70, I sold the road bike and picked up a used Cypress on Craig's list.
Right away I noticed the extra pounds I was dealing with but told myself, "You're in it for the exercise dummy; deal with it!" And I have.
I've since left the studded tires on my mountain bike for ice riding in the winter and as long as it's dry out use the Cypress exclusively. I love to go fast so have raised the seat and lowered the stem angle so that I'm fairly stretched out. It may not stay with a road bike for long, but I've caught and passed a few. It'll haul and give you a work out.
I really like the suspension and the seat shock. I had to ride my rain bike today and could really feel the vibrations from the rough streets that I wasn't feeling on the Cypress.
My advice if you're considering one is to ask yourself what you're bicycling for. If it's to win races, get a road bike. If it's to get yourself in shape, this baby will do that.

[May 29, 2011]
Bob Montani

Strength:

Comfort, Durablility, Decent Hardware

Maybe just a little heavy.

Bought this bike just to have something to tool around with so I could ride with my wife and daughter. Have a couple of thousand miles on it so far and have had no problems. Very comfortable. Maybe a bit on the heavy side but nice solid bike with decent components

[Jan 04, 2009]
ajr

I've recently shifted from an older version of Giant sportsbike to this blue Giant Cypress and am loving it. VERY comfortable, and as I'm no racing cyclist I do find the somewhat 'stable' speed rather nice.

[May 16, 2007]
Mitchell A. Kopnick

Strength:

Comfort, shifting, brakes. All good.

Fairly slow and a bit heavy.

I agree wholeheartedly with the post claiming a marked sacrifice of speed for the supposed comforts. I too aveage 14-15mph compared to 16+ with my road bike. It is otherwise quite comfortable and shifts effortlessly. It has been perfect for our yearly trail rides in a local state park over crushed limestone trails and converted rail bed. Overall a good value if you'll occaisionally encounter rough terrain or ride in adverse conditions, crushed limestone trails etc.