Giant Sedona DX Hybrid Bike

Sedona DX

HOW TO PURCHASE A GIANT BICYCLE Giant Bicycles are only sold our Corona,CA retail store (2410 Wardlow Road, Suite 109, Corona, CA, 92880). This item cannot be purchased online or at our Riverside, CA location. If you are interested...

LARRY MARAK   Commuter [Jul 09, 2015]
Strength:

Solid frame for a heavy man, available in 4 frame sizes from small to ex-large. 24-speed gearing in my 2015 model. Comfortable upright seating and handlebars raised high enough that you hold them with very slight bend at elbow. Double-rims and 14 guage steel spokes. I put 2,000 miles on my 2012 Sedona, its still in excellent shape, but I'm 65 and my wrists are arthritic...the shocks on the Sedona DX spead the impact of rough patches of road out so I can ride pain free. Seat is moderately comfortable, but after about 20 miles I get the urge to stand up on the pedals some to allow blood to flow back to the fanny.

None that I've encountered. I upgraded by 2012 Sedona's back rim to the double aluminum standard a while back because it was starting to warp under my 275 pound weight, but the DX comes with double rims front and back.

Only bike I will own for the future. Very comfortable for commuting and long range city riding.

Dave M.   [Jul 05, 2015]
Strength:

I've had my bike since 2006. Have over 8000 miles on it and have gone through a set of gears and a derailleur set on the front and back. Also, a few tires along the way. Overall, the best bike I've owned. A heavy bike and quite solid. My bike riding is most trail and road, although it will do dirt trails (not hard core mountain biking). The regular bike tires are fine, but with the right rubber, can be adopted to dirt trails (again, not heavy duty mountain biking), quite easily. Jumps curbs with ease. Highest length of ride 60 miles, though most are 20 miles are so at a time. Would recommend seat change (get something more comfortable), to avoid the use of "biker briefs" although such pants are recommended for long rides. Wheels are solid (only pair I've owned), shifts well. Would recommend a new chain every 800-1000 miles (otherwise, may need a new gear cluster). If off-road, don't forget to clean the chain, etc.

Shifts easily and is a fine bike to own. Not a speed bike, but I can average about 13-14 mph in relatively flat ground, with some hills.

Looked at more expensive bikes as a replacement, but will probably get another Sedonna. My wife has one and so does our neighbor and they highly recommend them.

Not a fast bike, but definitely durable.

Great bike for middle-aged folks looking for a bike that will help them get out and enjoy the great outdoors.

Jean-Paul Goodrich   Recreational Rider [Aug 30, 2014]
Strength:

comfort, durability, price

none that I have found so far

I don't write reviews. I feel so strongly about the bike I purchase that I wanted to share what I learned. I tested the following 6 bikes before deciding on the Giant Sedona Hybrid bike: The Specialized, the Trek 7.1, 7.3, the diamond back, and two others I cannot remember. There are a thousand different bikes you can purchase, so from that perspective shopping for a bike can be daunting. There are three basic categories of bikes to chose from: Road bikes (made for street riding), mountain bikes (designed for dirt, or off road riding), and hybrid/lifestyle bikes (designed for cruising, and commuting with off road capabilities).
The hybrid/lifestyle category was an easy choice for me because I wasn't interested initially in going off road with my bike, nor was I interested in racing anyone down the street. The last bike I purchased was a used beach cruiser for $25 at a garage sale; needless to say I was in the dark when it came to the bike industry as a whole. My initial goals for my bike purchase was the following: Go to yoga, go to the store, and cruise around town. What I ended up doing was going everywhere on my bike including off road, over rocks, over streams, and through puddles. I have not used my car since the purchase of my bike 5 weeks ago, with the rare exception of a family outing. If you are a hard core mountain, or street rider this bike may not be for you. On the other hand, if your someone that is looking cruise around town, to commute to work, and have the ability to go off road as well as climb some hills this bike may be a good choice. This bike is super comfortable, turns on a dime, has 24 gears making easy to climb most hills, can climb over rocks when needed, and has stood up to everything I have thrown at it in the last 100 plus miles of riding. Did I mention price? The Giant Sedona offered the biggest bang for buck. For around $400 and some change, you will be very happy with this purchase.

Nashville Native   [May 22, 2014]
Strength:

XL Frame size is made for a big man. Perfect for a former football lineman looking to burn some weight off but treat his knees right. Shifts clean. Not a hybrid of road might ride but very good on paved trails. Length of reach to handlebars and pedals are great for 6'-3" and 36 -1/2" arm length. Seat is comfortable as well. Love the lockout forks for times when I want more speed and I am less worried about bumps.

Twist gears work really well but push buttons would be better only due to my large hand contacting the twist shifter sometimes when I am not wanting to shift.

Screws under the saddle got a bit loose and when I tightened them down I think the whole threads were somewhat stripped out.

I like it enough that I am thinking about buying another one and putting it back for when this one finally wears out. It is made so well, that may not be a good idea. It may last me 20 years.

carlos   [Aug 30, 2013]
Strength:

Perfect comfort, multipurpose, fun to ride, good looking, and quality built.

None.

AAA+ BIKE

Scoot gal   [Jul 19, 2013]
Strength:

Comfortable, easily adjustable, enjoyed many long rides of 20-30 miles being able to maintain 8-10mi/hr. I actually have an older version, bought a new dual sport by another maker. It was a beautiful bike, I was so looking forward to riding it but returned it because my Giant spoiled me!

None Love this bike...it's my best friendn

It gets no respect as a comfort bike...wish it was sportier!

dug sitowski   Commuter [Aug 15, 2012]
Strength:

I put a 50cc gas engine on this bike and ride it all over southern NM at up to 40mph with no stability, cornering or suspension problems or fears. Very durable, safe, fun & built like a tank. Can't beat it for the price!

No problems yet after several thousand miles on it with the engine. A little on the heavy side but at 30-40mph it feels very reassuring.

This bike may not be for smaller, lighter folks but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to any adult looking for a bike with a lot of bang for their buck. Riding around the backroads the front & seat suspension provides a solid road holding quality without feeling mushy or skittish. It looks great too and have gotten numerous comments about its classy, stylish appearance.

Similar Products Used: Rode street, road & mtn bikes all my life
Jorge-G   Recreational Rider [Oct 30, 2011]
Strength:

Upright position

brakes when it gets wet

Previously to this bike I have not use a ike since 1997. I bought one then but use it very little because it was uncomfortable. This bike is perfect for me. I am 5'7" and got the 17" frame. The full suspension is a gift to my old aching body. My longest ride since getting it has been about 5 miles; don't feel any pain the next day. Great bike.