Motobecane Jubilee Deluxe Hybrid Bike

• 6061 Aluminum ComfortTuned frame
  • Forged Aluminum V Brakes
  • Alex X8100 Anodized Rims

David Corvo   Recreational Rider [Aug 27, 2012]
Strength:

Handles well. Gears switch smoothly. Brakes grab quickly. Comfortable ride on dirt, pavement, and trails.

I upgraded to larger off-raod tires over the factory ones with a smooth center for more off-road use. Other than that, no weaknesses found so far. Am curious to see how Taiwan made bike will hold up over time.

Just bought my Motobecane Jubliee Deluxe bike from Cycle Spectrum in Orlando. Paid $390 for the bike, fully assembled. I live on dirt roads and it rides like a dream. A heckuva' lot of bike for under $400. Lifetime maintenance and adjustment support from Cycle Spectrum - great guys.

Similar Products Used: Diamond Back trail bike for almost 20 years. Like me, it got old.
Tcj   Commuter [Jul 11, 2012]
Strength:

Value for the money, quality, fun to ride, great daily rider

Handlebar kept coming loose. Added a little loctite to the screw and have had no problems since.

Extremely dependable bike. When I bought it I was not sure how much I was going to be riding, figured maybe 5-10 miles a week. Currently I am logging 50+ a week riding 2/from work on this bike. I wanted quality components but didn't want to spend $700 or $800. Felt like I was taking a risk buying from the website but felt the value outweighed the risk. Glad I did! I purchased in 2006. It came well packaged and took less than an hour to assemble, even though I knew very little about bikes at the time. Out of the box the wheels were true, gears shifted properly and the paint was in excellent condition. Inflated the tires and made small adjustments to the brakes and the bike was road ready. I paid $400 for it and really feel it was a bargain. Love the seat. Would highly recommend and would definitely buy from bikesdirect.com again.

quartermaster   Recreational Rider [Jun 13, 2011]
Strength:

Components, comfortable ride

Lack of dealer support (in the event of problems)

I’ve had my Motobecane for 6 months now. The bike shipped promptly, assembled in less than thirty minutes and has given me now problems other than a slight adjustment to the front brake. If you are even slightly mechanically inclined you should do fine in assembling a bike like this from bikesdirect.
I had searched the web to find decent reviews when I was looking to purchase it, but only found “opinions” of people that had never owned one….. hence the reason that I am sending in my rating. I do not think that this bike is exactly equal to a bike shop bike in all ways, but everyone I talked to told me to focus on good components. Bikesdirect does just that, offers you a great price on a bike with good components, the risk is in the frame and from my experience, it has been worth it.