Novara Big Buzz Hybrid Bike

Novara Big Buzz Hybrid Bike

• Sturdy aluminum frame offers a responsive, stable and versatile ride for commuting, 'round-town riding and longer jaunts on the weekend

[Sep 10, 2015]
Dan Potter

Strength:

First, I thought the price at REI was fair at $799. I was impressed with the overall quality of the construction, but the weight (26 pounds) was a leading factor in my decision to buy the bike. The disc brakes are a plus, great stopping power. 27 speeds with the 3rd ring is a bonus as I live on hill and there's no coming or going without facing that. Also, I think REI's return policy is more than fair, even better than Costco, and I never thought I would see another merchant offer a better return policy than that big box. My bike of the last 5 years, a Specialized weighing in at 37 pounds (with rear rack and cargo bag) left me feeling discouraged about even getting on the bike (remember the hill?). So far the Big Buzz has been absolutely fantastic.The Specialized had front forks and a shock seat tube so it was comfortable to ride on the flat, but I broke into a cold sweat when I started up a hill. Any hill. I will submit additional information when I've logged more miles. So far, I think it's great.

None to date. I will submit more after logging more miles.

I've no regrets in making this purchase. And if I do I've got the best return policy I've ever seen to fall back on. What's to lose?

OVERALL
[Aug 25, 2014]
Luanne Klondyke

Strength:

This review is for the Novara BIG BUZZ 2014. The bike is light,fast and handles very well. The disc brakes are awesome and the shifting is smooth. I bought this for riding over dirt paths with small to medium gravel that turn into paved bikeways. Its study enough to handle the rougher parts of my ride and fast enough to move out on the street. I had a Marin before but this bike is more agile and easier to maneuver. I paid over $700 for the Marin hybrid and it served my well. But I like my BIG BUZZ better. Its more responsive. I really like the bike and would highly recommend at this price point. This is an REI brand and the REI service is very good. I just purchased during their labor day sale, end of season, and got it for $559, which is a great deal for a bike of this quality ! I'm 5'8" about 155 pounds and I got the extra large because I like to stretch out when I ride. Its not too big. I don't like to feel like I'm going to pitch forward over the handle bars so the XL lets me sit back and tall. My typical ride is 25 to 30 miles this is just right. Love it.

Nothing to complain of here.

I would highly recommend buying this !

OVERALL