Trek 7100 Hybrid Bike

Trek 7100 Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Red/Silver, Silver/White
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert Select

[May 16, 2017]
Barney Aston

Strength:

I've had my trek since 2006. Loved it till last week when going up a small hill in high gear the Crank Arm snapped in half. Went down hard . Messed me up pretty Good. Just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else out there . Would figure these arms would last a lifetime!!!

None, till the Crank Arm broke!!!!

Would still buy another but might be wary if the same metal is used for the Crank Arms.

[Nov 01, 2014]
Ancestor

Strength:

It's a fantastic bike. I have own it not for about six months and so far.
So good. Good off-road bike for Africa. I live in Dansoman and I am a recreational
And fitness rider.

Not realize anything yet

I ride through the biggest estate in West Africa and I think this bike is
Is a fantastic bike. I only want to know how to grease the shocks as they
Look like it needs greasing as it's began creeping and some time it locks
For a short while. Can someone pls help me out?

[Nov 19, 2012]
Theresa

Strength:

Attractive, reliable, solid, and inexpensive to repair. Extremely versatile. The best in it's price range.

As with all low to mid price bikes, you'll probably want to replace the saddle with something more comfortable.

I've had my 7100 for 3 years. Although I have 2 other bikes, I ride it more often than the others (almost every day). I commute and ride for recreation year-around. This bike feels solid and handles well in rain and snow. In fact, I have other friends who swear by the 7100 as their best winter bike.
This is a good all-around bike. It was easy to add fenders, a rack, and personalized accessories.
The 7100 is also a very versatile ride. I use mine for in town commuting and for multi-day long-haul rides.
I could spend 3 times as much on another hybrid, but why bother when I have exactly what I want.

Giant hybrid

[Aug 25, 2012]
claudio reyes

Strength:

This is the only bike I used for the road....

The seat post is too low. I just have to buy a longer one....

Overall this bike is all you need for the road. You can ride this bike for hours and your bike is not going to hurt.... I think is the perfect hybriddddd

[Sep 21, 2011]
Paul

Strength:

Strong frame, quick and reliable.

I recently noticed a creaking sound coming from the crank area when I really apply torque to the pedals which is quite often. I had the assembly overhauled but still notice the creaking sound.

I own a 7100 since new in 2007. For the first three year I rode it a total of perhaps 600 miles. I move to Florida and commute to work about 17 mile round trip/day. I now have just over 4000 miles on it and love it. It is fast and strong. I recently had to replace the chain and freewheel. I am very satisfied with this machine and have not had one breakdown yet. I would recommend this bike.

[Sep 21, 2011]
John Dozier

Strength:

Seems well built frame

Both tires leak

I didn't think to check the trueness of the tires. I waited 4 months before starting to bike and found both tires WAY out of balance/alignment(rubbing the brakes in spots. Also both tires constantly leak air. I have to refill every other week. I expected a little more froma 450 dollar bike. Buyer Beware!!!

[Jul 14, 2010]
LEW

Strength:

Comfort

Weight. Expensive. $10 extra for a kickstand, which was already installed by the dealer for his convenience to display the bike in the store. The DIAMONDBACK Kalamar Comfort Bike is currently $152.99 at www.bikenashbar.com after including 10% discount

My bike is a TREK 7000 regular fork as opposed to the suspension fork on the 7100 model. Mine is a 2008, but this form choices only went up to year 2007. Very nice bike. I ride on paved roads and fairly level ground. I am usually on the middle chainring in front and gears 3 and 4 on the rear sprocket. It shifts smoothly, and is very comfortable. I like this bike for casual riding alongside my wife on her TREK 7200, 2007 model. When I want to ride a bit faster, I use my TREK 460 racing road bike with drop bars and skinny tires.

TREK 800 Mountain bike, TREK 7200 hybrid.

[Sep 04, 2009]
Richard Davis

Strength:

Fast, smooth, light and strong. I'm using a 20" frame size and this is good for speed and turns quickly also. Brakes are also very good. Great Comfy ride.

Haven't found anything yet. One flat turned out to be a large staple found it's way to my tire(would have done the same on any tire so no weakness)

This bike is great and it doing everything very goo. Actual year is 2009 purchased after finally retiring my specialize mt. bike. Rides Great, I have put about 20 miles a day on it for 2 months without any problems. I haven't had any shifting problems at all, even with a mostly hilly area north of Boston

Specialize Mountain Bike I had tired to set up like a HYBRID over the years.

[Nov 19, 2008]
Lee Murray

Strength:

Simple, rugged, alot of dealers and parts.

Looks like a super mountain bike.

2008 trek 7100.
17.5 inch size.
Bontrager tires need air every ten days to keep them at 80psi.
Accerories are not better than Walmart
top line mountain bike's though the frame is drastically lighter. The shop owner told me the frames are the same on the more expensive bikes and the accesories are what causes the cost to increase.
It does shift well on small hills here in Western Oregon. I suppose I'm being picky. I'm used to buying expensive twenty year old racing bikes and fixing them up for a hobby. The quality "Isn't like it was in dem older days, sonny".
Lee M.

Schwinn/Japanese/road bikes(older).

[Sep 14, 2008]
bstnbad

Strength:

Solid frame and fast.

Shifting is rough and loud and it's obvious the parts are budget.

This bike is extremely fast and has a solid frame. I typically ride 25-30 miles throught rolling country-side with hills. I find the shifting rough and believe it to be truly budget stuff. With the hill where I live, I think I may need to upgrade. That said, if your on flat ground the bike flys and it has a solid frame.