Trek 7200 Hybrid Bike

Trek 7200 Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5", womens 15", womens 17.5", womens 20"
Colors: Black Chrome/Silver, Blue/Dark Blue
Pedals: resin
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Invert Select

[Jul 21, 2018]
Steve M

Strength:

I have had the pleasure of riding a Trek 7200 Hybrid since 2007 and have enjoyed every ride taken ! We just passed 25,000 miles this week, in fact, heading to my 30,000 mile goal for this superior bike by end 2020. The bike rides very smoothly and handles beautifully under road and mild off road conditions. I'd seriously consider refurbishing this machine at the 30,000 mile mark rather than buy new given the nearly perfect "fit" for my riding style ! The Trek 7200 is my recommendation for anyone, beginner or seasoned rider, who is looking for both comfort and performance in a bike. I am a delighted customer for for the Trek 7200 Hybrid !

I've replaced the rear rim three times so far, with an average mileage of ~7,000 miles per rim. It's aluminum and prone toward cracking at the spoke connection as I understand from the shop pros. Otherwise maintenance has been reasonably minor and normal given the overall mileage and age of the bike. The cracked seat post last week was a true surprise and could have been a real inconvenience if I'd been further than the three miles from home that I was then. I'll put that one on age and mileage though.

Price Paid:
$ 350
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2007
[Jul 16, 2017]
Jesse Duffing

Strength:

Durable, low maintenance, comfortable riding position

thin front tires that lose traction when wet or on gravel

I have had this bike for 10+ years, have ridden thousands of miles on it, have never had it tuned up (while I probably should), have pulled all 4 of my children with it over the years in several bike trailers, which the bike has outlasted. I currently ride it 4 or 5 times a week and go between 7 and 20 miles pulling my almost 3 year old daughter. She loves the long rides through the forest preserves near my home (paved trails). I am looking to get a new bike because while this bike is a work horse and has never failed me, I do get burned by all the guys on road bikes (when I am riding alone). I want something where I can keep up with the faster bikes when I ride by myself but have no plans to get rid of this bike for pulling my daughter. It still shifts great, brakes work great, and I have no issue riding up huge hills pulling a trailer. My one complaint would be that the frame only enough room for one water bottle but not really an issue as I just throw more water in the trailer :)

[Oct 15, 2016]
Bowie815

Strength:

Great upright fit, comfortable, never needed any shop servicing in 12 years, easy cruising on paved and gravel trails, great components.

A little heavy compared to current bikes.

Original owner from 2004. On long rides or daily commuting, just a great bike. Just like every bike, make sure you're fitted properly at a good dealer. Replaced the tires yesterday for the first time after 2000 miles. Took 30 minutes. Go to YouTube and EBay and save $50.00. First changes or adjustments of any type in 12 years. Would buy a Trek again and again. Ride on people. :-)))

[Aug 13, 2016]
Ruben Bittermann

Strength:

Sturdy, well built manual machine. Very comfotable and modular, provided you understand that when you buy any bicycle, you just buy the raw material to custmise your finnish.

HEAVY bicycle.

I bought this sample new some 7 years ago, and it is likely to be in use by me, at least another 8, or 9 years, when aging (now I am 61) may force me to buy a much lighter one, paying a lot of money.
I use bikes everyday for going to work, since 45 years ago. This one uphold a front wheel motor. I have exchanged the saddle some day, and disassembled the headset, on behalf of a short lasting concubine. Afterwards I owned an electric bicycle for some 8 months. till I realized that if I continue lazy I will die earlier. Back to the FX 7200, my headset needed a part or two I extracted some day in the past. I went to the city Trek branch (Natania, Israel), who look at me as a sort of paleo man, wanted I leave them the bicycle to update the full headset to the last cry of mode, or I buy a cheapo bike they offered me. Meaning I had a sort of trashy bike to get rid of. But from reading the internet, from my additional incursions into eBay, I knew these folks in Israel had no idea of the worldwide availability of older bikes, parts, youtube how to videos, etc. It took me to days of work to understand the job myself, and thus from the abovementioned folks I bought some parts. My fx is running again like a fly, and will do for years to come. Now all parts are at their mid age flourishing like a pair of used leather shoes. FX 7200 is the choice of my common sense.

[Apr 25, 2016]
K. Byrd

Strength:

Durable. Nothing breaks and I've never been stranded anywhere. I did have one accident, but fortunately my left hand, arm and leg protected the bike from getting scratched.

Maybe it's my weakness. I'm 5' 8"--the frame is a little tall for me. However, I do enjoy the high riding position.

I've added some accessories (bottle cages, trip computer, tool bag) but the mechanicals are pretty much stock. Very reliable, simple, easy to work on. I'm big on routine preventive maintenance. Bought it when I was 59 and now I'm 69. In the early years with this bike, I did maybe 30 miles a day, 62 on a Saturday. I've slowed down some but still get in some good rides in our East Texas boonies. When I tell my non bike friends what I have invested in it, their response is always the same "but I can buy a bike at WalMart for $99". Once they ride with me, they figure it out in a hurry.

[Oct 02, 2015]
Mike Hayes

Strength:

It was able to fit me like a glove. Comfort, Durability.

I really couldn't find a weakness. The brakes had to be adjusted more then usually.

This is the best bike I have ever had. I am 6'3" 225. Most bikes can't handle me. This one could and still had more room to play with.

[Sep 22, 2015]
Andrew Martin

Strength:

This is one tough bike. It is extremely durable and even though mine is regularly ridden and is nearing 8 years of age it still looks and rides like new.

The seat is too hard.

This is a perfect bike for the city, a bike that can easily cope with mounting gutters, potholes and gravel, but is light enough to be nimble and ridden with speed. This is easily the best bicycle I've owned.

[May 19, 2015]
Ken Hartley

Strength:

Great Frame, Great Pedal Height, Tires and Rims easy to clean, wheels easy to remove, chain easy to lube, handle bars geometry good.

Hardware not rust proof

I have had my 7200 for about 10 years. It has been a good bicycle for me as I may ride it 3-5 days a week in summer time. It is not as fast as the light weight bikes that cost 10 time more but I like it and would buy another. The transmission is flawless, the tires get good mileage, and the factory seat isn't too bad. Maintenance for the bike is easy, cost for maintenance is reasonable.

[Mar 15, 2015]
Ed Gaddis

Strength:

Comfortable, durable, shifts very well.

None that I perceive. Especially for the money.

I bought this bike about 5 yrs ago. I was not looking to spend a lot on a bike but also wanted something with quality. Given I am not a bike expert and was looking for a hybrid take to ride around town and on mild trails. I am in my mid 50's so was not going to be doing any extensive, rough, trail riding. I have ridden many, many miles in this time and have been very impressed with how well this bike functions, easily shifting. I could not be more please. Numerous 30+ trips each month. I am surprised that one person described if bought would be a grave mistake. I do not see how that could be possible. Most of these reviews are great. I guess every model of anything has a rare lemon so to speak. This bike has been fantastic for me.

[Oct 11, 2013]
stan

Strength:

Although the components are not super high end they
work great. The geometry is almost perfect. I've never
written a more comfortable bicycle. I love the 700 wheels.

The stem ,bars , and saddle our kind of hokey. In my opinion the down tube is a little too short .

I have been riding bicycle since 95. I currently own a
specialized allez which does me little good for around
town riding, very long distance, and pulling my son in
the trailer. So I bought this bike on Craigslist for $40 not
expecting much at all other than a disposable bike but I
don't really care about. I was absolutely blown away
when I got home. I couldn't be more happy with this bike.
Is exactly what I've been looking for for one bike that
does a little bit of everything. In my opinion anyone that
poo poos this bike doesn't know much about bicycling.
I intend on converting it to threadless with drop bars.
A better saddle and a whole bunch of racks and bags.