Trek 7500 Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5"
Colors: Black/Blue
Headset: 1 1/8" threadless Aheadset
Front Der: Shimano Nexave T301
Crankset: Bontrager Select, 28/38/48 teeth
Rear Der: Shimano Deore LX
Pedals: aluminum cage w/clips & straps
Tires: 700 x 38c Bontrager Select

Gary Jensen   [Nov 29, 2012]
Strength:

comfort, weight

none so far...Only had it 6 months and average 75 miles per week--price was $550...

Smooth fast ride with no problems

Steve Hartman   Recreational Rider [Jun 21, 2011]
Strength:

Geometry, not a road bike but aggressive enough position to climb when needed, H2 Triple Flat protection tires, front shock and saddle shock ... just enough to take the rough out of rail trails. Good value.

Most people would like a lockable front shock which the 2009 does not have.

My Trek 7500 is a model year 2009 (couldn't select that year). I've ridden roughly 2500 miles in the 13 months that I've owned this bike. It's been a great bike, smooth, ride, fairly fast (although I cannot keep up with my son on his road bike) and very tough. I ride mostly on rail trails in WV, MD and PA that range from blacktop to some orignial balast and the bike is perfect for this environment. I've accomplished many 50-90 mile rides with no complaints, no pain (have original saddle) ... I trades in my Trek 7300 and this was the best bike decision I've made, it was well worth the money spent.

Similar Products Used: Trek 7300.
Bernard Halpin   Recreational Rider [Jul 25, 2010]
Strength:

This bike has very smooth gearing. Uphill and downhill. Accepts panniers and all travel accoutrements very well. Tires are great.

Haven't discovered any yet and I don't think I will!

Purchased TREK 7500 after trying out many bikes. A friend had a 7500 that I tried out and it was smmoth as silk. Have ridden from Montana to East St. Louis, Mo. Pgh to D.C. and also the KATY TRAIL in Missouri. Bike is flawless!!!!!

Similar Products Used: TREK Navigator, Trek 7100 & 7300.
bendico   Recreational Rider [Jul 13, 2010]
Strength:

Has a good gear set up stock from the factory. Front shock system is nice on the bumps on the rails to trails.

None that I have found so far

This bike is AWESOME to sum it up in one word. I have a 2009 model as the year selection does not have it listed. I have put about 500 miles on it just on weekend rides with no problems at all. I look at the 7300 and 7500 and figured this was worth more bang for my buck. I have done only short ride of 25 mile or less so far but when I get off the bike I don't even feel like I put on any miles at all after the ride. Some people say this is a heavy bike but for the type of riding I am doing it works out fine. If you are looking for a bike to take weekend rides or even a few times during the week and on the week end look at the 7500.

Similar Products Used: None
johnlisa5135   Recreational Rider [Jun 26, 2010]
Strength:

Quality manufacture and components. Comfortable riding position for 15-30 miles on paved or crushed limestone surfaces. For longer rides on pavement, you're better off with a road bike, as the upright position can be taxing on the butt.

Quite heavy (but heavy duty), I preferred the twist grip shifters on the 730 to the rapid-fire on the 7500, but it's no deal breaker

Actually, a 2009 model.
I bought it as a replacement for my ancient Trek 730. I ride primarily on my 2 road bikes, but sometimes you just want to hop on a bike and go to the coffee shop, or on the crushed limestone trails. Sometimes you don't want to get fully dressed up, or put on your clipless shoes. You get the picture.
The 7500 is the same hybrid concept, same pretty heavy frame as the 730. Better components by far. It's also about a pound lighter. I like the really responsive brakes, and while the wheels take some effort to spin up, they maintain their momentum once you get rolling. Altogether, for what it is, this bike fills the bill. It's comfortable, upright, durable, and shifts perfectly, with a range to get you up any incline.

Similar Products Used: Trek 720, Trek 730, many many road bikes.
MARQTTE   Commuter [Jun 27, 2008]
Strength:

Fast with different tires. front suspension is lockable. good components. good wheel set.
Comfortable. Not a bad price.

Heavy.
Brakes wedge on rim and will not release.
Chain skips.

I bought this bike new and have owned it almost three years. I thought it was great at first but then it felt so damn slow. I tried just about everything: pedals, ride height, weight, etc. I was about ready to sell it and I finally decided to change the tires to a cheap 28mm width. IT'S A NEW BIKE NOW!!! It was about 2 mph slower than my road bike. Now, it's pretty close to the same speed. If you own this bike or want to buy one like it, take the Bontrager Invert Hardcase, 700x35c tires and throw them in the garbage. You will be much happier.

Similar Products Used: trek 720
specialized sequoia
Karen   Recreational Rider [May 30, 2007]
Strength:

Light bike (very quick and high performance), Pedals (clip on one side, flat on other side) come standard with bike, wheels (high quality), great geometry, high quality shifters

It is very fast, but I can't keep up with road bikes (not surprisinging as I am on a hybrid). I am looking to add a road bike to the collection right now.

I highly recommend this bike! It is so much fun to ride. It is light, and very quick. A true high performance hybrid. I tested out a number of bikes and this one was hands down the best at this price point. I recommend paying the extra few hundred dollars and purchasing this bike over the Trek 7300. Worth every penny. Almost every part of the bike is upgraded over the 7300. And, it handles so much better on hills and is light and aerodynamic.

A great bike to take on and off the trails. I love the clip in pedals (standard) which allow you to clip in on one side, and have a flat surface on the other if you prefer not to clip in. Perfect for biking in the city.

Similar Products Used: I tried out all of the different hybrids including the Trek 7200/7300, Raleigh, Giant. This definitely was the best bike (quality of frame and components) for the price.
Russ A.   Recreational Rider [Jan 06, 2007]
Strength:

shifters,fork,gearing

brakes

I got this bike as a way to do recvery rides and to goof off on.It is great for that.I live next to the mountains and all our rides involve climbing,this bike does quite well.A fun bike.This bike also has a good fork with easy to use lock-out.However it could use better brakes,there kind of spongy.