Trek 7700 FX Hybrid Bike

Frame Material: aluminum
Frame Angles: 71.5 head, 73.5 seat
Sizes: 15", 17.5", 20", 22.5"
Colors: Dark Blue/Brushed
Rear Der: Shimano Deore XT
Pedals: Shimano PD-M520 SPD
Tires: 700 x 35c Bontrager Select

Steve Sokolich   Recreational Rider [Nov 20, 2017]
Strength:

American made. Strong frame. Original wheels were great for the road. Great seat and front fork suspension.

I've owned my 7700 since 2000. I've upgraded to a Brooks saddle, SRAM twist shifter, and stronger wheels since I sometimes take it off-road. I own two other treks. A trek tandem T900, and a trek 5900 oclv110. The 7700 is my go to bike that I ride the most. It's comfortable and capable. Great commuter bike. Not as fast as the 5900 of course. But the 7700 is my go to bike.

ROBERT STRICKLER   Recreational Rider [Oct 24, 2011]
Strength:

solid, reliable,light,quick for a hi-bred. A friendly ride.

Not as fast as a road bike, not a true off road bike, something different well made,and very useful.

Top notch ride. Served me very well for 8 years until it was robbed last month. used for commuting 20 miles per day,around 3 x per wk + weekend riding both self and supported rides . very sorry to see it go. I was surprised how often I would select it over my more expensive faster and sexier road bike.

sctt   Recreational Rider [Mar 11, 2007]
Strength:

fame becuse i get by 2 cars with it

Similar Products Used: 7500 fx
stevelee67   Commuter [Jul 09, 2005]
Strength:

It's a bloody workhorse Coasts like a dream

The wait Wish it were a little lighter Should have come stock with a carbon fork - the 2005 does

I had to wait a long time for this bike - ordered it in early April 2004, and didn't get it until mid-June. I guess Trek was having component problems. I also wanted a few customizations to it - a) carbon fork for weight and ride b) more roadie tires (almost went for a mid-range wheel set, but my budget didn't allow for it). I'm a bike commuter - most of my mileage is between work and home or to the grocery store. This bike has survived a few crashes, 50# loads of groceries, and all 225# of me on an almost daily basis. This bike is supposedly targeted at a more fitness oriented rider. That's really not me. I'm a practical rider. And this bike combines enough practicality along with more 'roadie' components and weight (around 25# with the carbon fork) to make me happy. It is a pleasure to ride. The carbon fork that I added completely changes the feel of the ride. And the bike itself doesn't wear me out - partly because my shoulders don't hurt after a longer ride anymore - and partly because it just seems to take less effort to move it than some bikes I've ridden. This bike is not a Madone 5.9, but it's not supposed to be. It's meant to be a bike to get you from point A to point B as well as let you get some pleasure rides in. This is the bike you take to work or get groceries on. And its a bike that you can use for general, day to day pleasure cruising. I love this bike. It isn't a 5 star bike (if it were about $100 cheaper it might be) but its as close as it gets w/o going to a full carbon road bike.

Similar Products Used: 2000 Trek 7700 1997 Trek 7300
EverStaR   Recreational Rider [Jul 31, 2004]
Strength:

Light Effortless to ride Fast (already had it up to 37MPH so far)

Seat is a bit harsh, will likely change it.

Wonderful tight fast ride. Wonderful if moving from a Mountain Bike to something for the open road. This bike is very light at only 26lbs off the rack. You will feel the bumps so if you really don't like that you might want to try the heavier 7700 with fork suspension. I tried both an was immediately drawn to the FX for its lighter weight and seeminly effortless ride.