Bacchetta Bicycles Café Recumbent Bike

• Bottom Bracket: Truvativ 113 Square SL
  • Wheels: DA-16 w/CNC sidewall
  • Frame: Bacchetta Custom Ovalized Cro-Moly with Disc Brake Tabs

mitchmuze   Recreational Rider [Oct 16, 2008]

Good quality frame and components for the price, light weight, short wheelbase, easy to learn to ride, easy to load on car rack.

Jittery steering, very sensitive to every movement. I would like to see one step up on derailleur components, and disc brakes.

My Cafe is actually a 2008. I love this bike! It is easy to ride, moves quickly and glides well. The only downsides are that it handles a bit jittery from the steering column, and you can catch your foot in the front wheel on tight turns. I still prefer the Burley handlebars. It is considered a short wheelbase so I can easily hang it on the back hatch with our Thule car rack. No tandem top rack is needed. It is light enough for me to manouver (31 lb), and I have rheumatoid arthritis. I do need help lifting it up on the rack. All in all, a great bike for the price! I get tons of compliments for the bike when I'm on the road.

Similar Products Used: Burley Django. Very similar ride and design, but the Django's steering is more stable.