Abici Bikes Time Machine Road Dura-Ace Road Bike

• Speedy Abici Aero Carbon Fork
  • Internal Headset for reduced frontal interface
  • Smooth Welds for better air flow
  • Elegant, crisp,fast, refreshing
  • 3.0 lbs in size medium(55)

• User Reviews (3)

brandonb   Triathlete [Sep 14, 2004]

My Abici Time Machine Dura ace 10 speed is great. The best bike that I have ridden. But on the Customer survice level, I would never consider buying a nother abici. I called Craig at abici at the beginning of april to order my bike I gave him all my measurements for my bike. When I got my bike, In JUNE, the aero seat tube was not cut at all, there were no cables or cables housing, and I got 3 boxes over 5 days. All in all, it is a good bike, but Customer survice is as important to me as the bike itself.

maverick76   Road Racer [Aug 02, 2004]
    Strength:

Great road feel. Very stiff BB, no chain rub at all. Tracks great, climbs very well. Light. Great finish. The bike just flies...

I'm not a fan of the cable routing design Abici chose. I do like internal, but not the plastic inserts that plug into the frame. It does not effect the ride, just complicates things a little. But a very minor issue.

I had a Cervelo P3 before the Time Machine and loved it, so I was curious as to how this bike would ride. Simply put, after a week or so on the Abici, I sold the P3. I just feels fast. It is stiff but not overly harsh. The geometry is spot on, feels very stable. It is pretty light, about 18 lbs w/ campy chorus and regular wheels. The seat tube is cut to order, and mine was done perfectly. I was tempted to send them a slightly lower seat tube measurement just to make sure it was not too high, but in the end did not, and it turns out that it was not an issue. The guys at Abici were great to work with and turn out a great bike.

Similar Products Used: Cervelo P3. Considered one of the best TT/Triathlon framesets out there. Ride the Abici and I think you would disagree.
    rmlsd   Road Racer [Apr 23, 2004]
    Strength:

Finish and ride. The welds are almost mirror smooth. Paint is as good as I have ever seen on a bike. The bike is stiff but comfortable and is well behaved. This is an extremely fast bike.

The from derail cable routing was a bit strange, but I hear they fixed it now. Also, make sure you give the correct seat height because once the seatmast is cut it can not be undone...

WOW! This bike FAR exceeded my expectations. It has the best finish of any bike I have owned but what really stands out is how well it rides. I have it set up with an aggressive time-trial position (very low and forward) yet it disappears under me if you know what I mean. I don't know if its the metal or the design, but the bike is stiff and almost as forgiving as my ti-carbon road bike. The pics on the website do not do it justice. I liked it so much that I got a track version too. This is a world class bike.

Similar Products Used: LeMond tete de course, Abici Time Machine Track, various road and tt bike over the years