Aerocat ACR500F Road Bike

ACR500F

Frame - Carbon Monocoque
Fork - Custom Monocoque
Groupset - SRAM Force (complete)
Wheels - FSA RD400
Weight 16.5lbs (54cm)

Gayle Waldenmaier   Recreational Rider [Aug 23, 2010]
Strength:

See above

Cannot think of any

Very comfortable ride, and also fast! Years ago I used to race, so I am fairly particular about what I ride. This bike is lightweight and I feel like I can ride like the wind! Very sturdy, with enough "give" to flex when needed. I did not have a dealer close by, so AeroCat professionally fitted me, and it is definitely a comfortable ride. Worth looking into!

Similar Products Used: Trek, Cannondale
mikolinski   Road Racer [Feb 03, 2010]

Great Ride

shslaven   Triathlete [Jan 31, 2008]
Strength:

I imagine even Huffy like everyone else could make a bike that performs well on the flat open road, but the Aerocat does surprisingly well on moderate to severe climbs, which we have a lot of. The Aerocat gets on it!

I would not have stuck with the bike and written this review if I felt there were areas of deficiency. Some of you real particular people may find some things to be sore about with this bike, but I just get on it and hammer and it's never let me down. My mechanic looks it over twice a year and that's it.

*I ride a sub 1hr 40k
*Average speed 1/2 triathlon bike: 23-24 mph
*6,000 miles ridden a year
This bike is good enough for me and what I do. For years I was loyal to my Trek Project One Full Campy Record until I started needing to replace chain rings, cassettes etc., amounting to hundreds of dollars each time. I went with the Aerocat because I liked the guys that started Aerocat and wanted to test the bike. Well, I do not need two road bikes so I am selling my Trek Project One Campy Record bike on Ebay and sticking with the Aerocat. The new Sram stuff is very nice and after six months of punishment, it keeps on ticking. Check this bike out. It is excellently priced, outperforms most full carbon bikes, looks good and won't set you back 5k like all the usual suspects. Plus, everyone has a Giant, Trek, Cannonwhale, Cervelo, etc.

Similar Products Used: Trek 5.9 Madonne, Full Campy Record
Trek e11 time trial bike Full Dura Ace (still the best time trial bike ever)
Bianchi Axis Cross bike
pduselis   Recreational Rider [Dec 17, 2007]
Strength:

Very responsive when climbing hills and turning. It is a very light frame.

The bike's over all frame design is very comfortable. it is probably the most comfortable frame that I have ridden. It takes very little to get the bike up to speed and maintain it there. It was also very responsive when shifting and handled turns well.

west3   Recreational Rider [Dec 03, 2007]
Strength:

effortless hill climbing

I started out this year riding a giant tcr and thought it was a substantial upgrade from my trek 1000, which it was. I rode about 1500mi on the giant on majority hills and then had the opportunity to ride the AeroCat. I can honestly say that I enjoy riding this bike. I was never a huge stickler to find my right geometry in a bike frame, but I think with this bike, I found the one for me. My fit on this bike is ideal. It is super comfortable and i love riding it. I don't even mind riding my trainer inside when it gets cold because of how well it fits me. I went from 105 on my giant to the force on the AeroCat and would never like to go back. It has very distinct ins and outs of gear and the ergo-double tap shifters add to the comfortableness of the AeroCats frame.