BH Zaphire Road Bike

Entry level does not mean entry levelTechnology. You will not miss any gears withTheShimanoTiagra 10 speed drivetrain and brake/shifter lever combo. BH specsTheir Velo saddle, along withTektro brakes,Titan stem and Vittoria Zafiro 700x23mmTires.The Zaphire rolls on ultra smoothShimano R500 wheels with 20 spokes in front and 24 inThe rear.To keep you rolling regardless ofTheTerrain,The Zaphire is equiped with an FSA Omega Mega EXO compact crank.The 50/34Tooth chainrings will let you conquer anyTe

Utomo   Road Racer [Nov 21, 2013]
Strength:

Light, quick during climbing, agile and quite comfortable. Although frame is made from Aluminium and the Fork is from Carbon, but overall, it is an agile road cycle. I bought it on Monday, and by today (three days later), Thursday, I have ridden for nearly 200 Km.. Very nice and comfortable for long distances, taking into account the aluminium frame where you still can feel road buzz. There are 2 immediate upgrade that I took to make sure the bike geometry really suits me: (a) upgrade the stem from 110mm to shorter 90mm, to enable more comfortable geometry and reach; (b) upgrade the handle bar to monocoque carbon (see my review on Controltech Edge Razor carbon) to further reduce the road buzz, and making sure my hands not tingling and stay comfortable.

Not yet apparent. Let me try this Zaphire for century or double century, by which time I will really know its weaknesses.

I got a big discount for this 2012 BH Zaphire. the components are fully Shimano 105, except for the crank, which uses FSA. I read that usually Zaphire is equipped with Tiagra. Fortunately I received a very nice deal. Overall, very satisfying for the price. Zaphire gives me comfort and making me a better road biker (I am until recently solely use a mountain bike, Santa Cruz). Due to monsoon season, I switched to road bike. Bought the BH on Monday, and by today I have ridden nearly 200 Km.. very comfortable, as long as you pay attention to proper geometry, and willing to make little upgrade.

OVERALL