Bianchi 928 L'una Road Bike

• Seatpost : Selcof/Bianchi White Carbon, 27.2mm

• USER REVIEWS

[Mar 30, 2013]
    Roland

Strength:

Astonishingly fast. Incredible cornering. Stiff and very responsive. Feels like nothing I have ridden before.

None whatsoever

This is the real deal. If you want a true Italian race machine, you just can't beat the Luna. The frame is a work of genius, it's so beautiful that you just want to stare at it.

[May 09, 2010]
    kenthecook

Strength:

Stiff, comfortable ride.

It cracked!

I loved this bike. Notice the past tense! This was the 2nd 928 Bianchi frame that I owned that cracked. Maybe only cosmetic, but who knows? LBS owner advised sending them in for warranty. The first 928 frame was the Bianchi 120th anniversary model, I upgraded to Campy Centaur. It cracked on the down tube in one year. They offered a replacement of anything in my 61 size. I asked for a Luna and they said yes! I got more comments on the frame, it is stunningly beautiful on a sunny day, irridescent color. This spring, a friend found a crack on the headset. Bianchi offered a red 2008 C2C frame. A good bike, but I wanted celeste. I waited until they had more to offer. They called last week with a born for performance celeste frame that I accepted. I'm waiting for delivery...

Steel Talladega.

[Feb 24, 2009]
    Gatling

Strength:

Ride quality. Speed (it seems that it is 2 or 3 moph faster everywhere). Weight (if just flies). Appearance (it's gorgeous). The Fizik seat is surprisingly comfortable (it didn't look like it would be).

The bike is geared very tall. It came with an 11-23 cassette, and I am used to a 12-25. You can't buy specific gears; you have to buy a complete cassette, so I bought a complete Record 12-25 (major $$ there). Then I learned that with the 12-25, the chain rubs the seat stay. So, I mixed the gears. The smaller 3 or 4 are from the 11-23; the rest are from the 12-25. This works well (shifts well, too, regardless of what the purists say about doing this) and I am happy with the setup. The big cog is a 53 (not the 52 I had been used to), and that one extra tooth feels a lot taller.

This is the highest quality object of any kind I have ever owned. It is a stunning piece of equipment. It is faster than any bike I have ever rode. It's smooth, too; it doesn't have the "wooden" feeling that my other CF bike does. I just feel good riding it.

Giant TCR, Bianchi Campione, Specialized Allez Elite, my Italian wife, Z-06 'Vette, Suby WRX, Triumph Speed Triple...

[Feb 22, 2008]
    Bob

Strength:

Very stiff, great handling, Campy is excellent, I feel very comfortable with it.

Nothing major. Campy equipment takes a little time to adjust correctly, but once it's right, nothing can beat it.

Easily the best bike I have ever rode. It's light, super quick and handles perfectly. And, the look cannot be matched. Equiped with Campy takes it to another level. I have over 5000 miles on it with no problems to report. It's ideally balanced and corners very well.

[Nov 03, 2007]
    Green Machine

Strength:

Stiff frame and very solid bottom bracket. Fast!!! Gorgeous design and paintwork. Those Italians are true artists - and they're terrific engineers/designers as well. Truly the best of both worlds.

Nothing to report.

I've owned many high performance and aesthetically pleasing bikes in my lifetime, but the L'UNA is truly "the one." I absolutely love it! My girlfriend, fueled by her jealousy about the amount of time I spend with my L'UNA, has called this an entirely unnatural and perverted love affair. Whatever!

I don't know which I love more, riding the L'UNA or gazing upon it - talk about a bike that truly stands out for its appearance. But looks wouldn't have been enough for me, this bike has everything you'd expect from a high-end racing bike. It performs flawlessly: it's fast, light, handles incredibly well, climbs well, and it's incredibly comfortable to ride.

I was fully prepared to buy the new super light 2008 928 SL, but then fate intervened and I happened to stumble upon a brand new L'UNA in one of my local shops (I'd always wanted one in the past but never got 'round to actually buying one) and we rode off into the sunset together. I/we couldn't be happier.

Bianchi Mega-Ti (full Record), Trek OCLV,

[Jun 28, 2006]
    omega

Strength:

Climbs great, stiff frame, Sturdy BB. Bike just feels fast. Handles great.

Minor cosmetic cracking of the paint around the BB shell. Nothing serious but happened none the less. Skimpy 3 year frame warranty.

Great bike - Not as light as some of the other top end carbon bikes but still light. My 58CM weighs in at 16.6 LBS.

Climbs well, also good ride quality on the 80 + training rides. Over all been very pleased with the bike. No real weaknesses.