Bianchi EV3 Al/Carbon Chorus Road Bike

EV3 Al/Carbon Chorus

Frame Material: Bianchi RC XL EV3/carbon stays
Frame Angles: 74.0 head, 73.0 seat
Sizes: 49cm, 50cm, 51cm, 52cm, 53cm, 54cm, 55cm, 56cm, 57cm, 58cm, 59cm, 60cm, 61cm, 62cm, 63cm
Colors: Celeste Team, Yellow/Orange
Rear Der: Campagnolo Chorus
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Michelin Axial Pro Race

roadkhuna   Road Racer [Nov 21, 2005]
Strength:

Very light, compact racing footprint, responsive, handles well in turns, carbon fork / rear triangle absorbs ultrasonic vibrations from the road (really).

None found yet. But the water bottle cage that came with the bike weighs about 89grams. The water bottle feels like a pound. I've worked on losing non-essential weight. Things like pedal (Shimano 540) at 330g, new water bottle (Gatorade bottle is actually light at like 30g), new cage at 61g, etc... In the end, it's NOT just specific to my Bianchi RP EV3 alum/carbon, but an overall cycling consideration (i.e. cyclocomputer, extra water bottle/cage, wedge pack, tools, patch, etc...) But point being, you'll need to do the normal grams reduction. Yes, I'm bike snob and weight weenie. &:)

Wanting to augment my Mtbking, I decided to get back into roadbiking. I've researched hi and low and ultimately realized that one can start suffering from product saturation to the point of no return. Ultimately, I decided to check with close friends who are serious about cycling (hardcores) and was advised to check out the Bianchi's, along with other makes. After researching Bianchi, I made a decision on a few of these points: - road racing footprint - Reparto Corse (Italian: Racing Department) - Bianchi's racing tradition - Racing components - Weight (alum / carbon) - Bianchi's uniqueness in a crowd of main stream bikes Given the Bianchi's reputation for speed and overall quality, I decided to take the plunge and purchased the EV3 Alum/Carbon Ferrari, well Italian roadbike any ways. This bike was definitely the right choice for me. I'm 6'0" and a 57cm size. The size fits me perfectly and the saddle, pedals (Shimano 540) works great for me and my riding style. Being a soccer player, I'm a fast sprint and enjoy bursting in the lead with a bike that is light, fast, and extremely responsive around turns, as well as straigt aways. I ride with trialthletes and enjoy a good half mile sprint full speed - though this bike helps put me in the lead, ultimately it's up to the human engine to keep the lead (still working on it). Great bike and suites my riding style, definitely.

Similar Products Used: Canondale, Trek, Motobecane.
OVERALL
euro-trash   Road Racer [Jun 29, 2004]
Strength:

stiff, light, agressive yet stable.

Ok, here's the flaw. I wish the back water bottle mounts were a little lower so it would be easier to get a bottle-out when I'm carrying a pump. Yeah, minor. It's that good.

I've been trying, and I can't find any flaws in this bike. I'm a bike snob and this is the best bike I've ever ridden.

OVERALL