Bianchi Freccia Celeste HC Road Bike

Freccia Celeste HC

Freccia Celeste - The legendary Bianchi motorcycle used by the fabulous Tazio Nuvolari.

A unique frame of a new generation made with Hydroforming technology. The 7000 series aluminium, alloyed with Zn-Mg-Cu, permits a high mechanical strength (tensile strength 450N/mm2) combined with a greater elongation, allowing tube manipulation through high pressure techniques.

wawaski   Recreational Rider [Jun 26, 2011]
Strength:

absorbs road shock great !

none so far...

Wow...after 30 miles, all I can say is "wow"! I have had a Giant, Cannondale six-13, Fuji and currently a LOOK 566. This bike is hands down the best ride I have ever had! I'm surrounded by chip seal roads, and this bike smooths out the road like no other!

Similar Products Used: Giant/Look/F. Moser/Fuji/Cannondale.
Chris   Road Racer [Nov 03, 2009]
Strength:

Speed, Rigidity, Climbability

Has to be cleaned a lot, wife/mum knows you spent a lot on it... I have had some lettering come off though

Amazing bike, great feel.
I am 13 and have to wait for my dad coz its so fast!!!

Similar Products Used: Bianchi socks,
Bobbit   Recreational Rider [Mar 29, 2009]
Strength:

Comfort, Zooms like a spear,Excellent & classic celeste paint job. Of course, Made in Italy

None that I have noticed

Had a steal with the slightly used Bianchi FC frame while no one was looking. Realized Had a better deal after assembly & riding it.
Rode Colnago steel before so this was my 1st aluminum frame. Not the lightest but feels light. Comfortable ride too

Similar Products Used: None
Alex   Road Racer [Sep 30, 2007]
Strength:

Stiffness. Power transfer. Climbing.

The stiffness and rigidity of the frame may not be what some people are looking for.

This bike is great. While it's not the lightest frame out there (about 3.2 pounds frame and fork). However, the bike rides incredibly "light". It's a very direct bike in that the second you put a tiny bit of force behind the pedals you're launched forward. It climbs better than any bike I've ever ridden. I like the ride a bit more than I like the ride of my dad's Orbea Orca (Which climbs like a beast in its own right).

Similar Products Used: Bianchi Veloce, Orbea Orca, Scott CR1, Specialiez Tarmac
drvideo   Recreational Rider [Jan 07, 2007]
Strength:

Buy one if you can still find one. You will have no regrets.
Super Fast, Stiff where it needs to be, and Comfortable for the long haul.
Pretty enough even your wife will notice it...

Bianchi stopped making it, Too Pretty to ride in the rain.
Pretty enough your wife will notice it...

I had the opportunity to pick up this bike at a price that still has me checking over my shoulder.
This is by far one of the most incredible bikes I have thrown a leg over. I used to despise Aluminum bikes after selling my last Cannondale. And I must say that this bike embodies all that is good about Aluminum, with none of the annoying buzzing,rattling drawbacks. I can ride it all day long, It is the fastest bike I own, (I have 7 other road bikes). And it carries speed like no other.
This bike is ABSOLUTLEY beautiful ( I have the Extreme Celeste version)It gets compliments anywhere we go.

Similar Products Used: I currently have in my Quiver... Bianchi Ti-Mega tube, Bianchi EV Boron, Bianchi 928 Carbon, Lemond Victorie Ti/Carbon Spine bike, Lemond Malloit Juane Steel/Carbon spine, Lemond Zurich 853 Steel, and a Lemond Tete de Course Full Ti.
Bloatedpig   Recreational Rider [Oct 23, 2006]
Strength:

Fit and finish....simply gorgeous.
Quality of materials is 2nd to none.
Rides like you are glued on rails...stable as can be.

None as of yet

Purchased as frameset and built up with 2006 Campagnolo Record Group. The Celeste Extreme paint with inlaid down tube "Bianchi" logo is one of the most beautiful paint finishes you will ever see. Even the full carbon Deda fork has Celeste flake in it. The carbon rear triangle smooths things out just a tad over my XL EV2. This bike roars up hills and is stiff as hell, a characteristic that I love. The finish has held up fantasticaly....a miracle given the 3-roads that have been tared and chipped here in Western PA that I frequently ride.

Rob   Road Racer [Jul 04, 2006]
Strength:

Stiff, light, very responsive. Ordered frameset in Celeste, this comes with a pearl finish that is just stunning in daylight.

You may need to ease up a bit for your riding buddies laboring on those full carbon rigs during your training rides, seriously ;)

Not the lightest, but arguably the best overall frameset available from Bianchi in 2005. I ride with a dozen or so racers regularly, most of which have ridden multiple frames from Bianchi to include ML3, SL3, EV3 (very similar), EV4, Titanium, and FG Lite.

Similar Products Used: 2004 Bianchi ML3.