Bianchi Sempre Ultegra Road Bike

• Stem: Reparto Corse carbon wrapped
  • Seatpost: Reparto Corse Carbon

[Jan 27, 2013]
Dino

Strength:

Frame is stiff where it needs to be and still compliant for longer rides. While the wheelset is not the lightest it is reliable and robust.

The seat was suspect in my build and the gearing needs regular attention to keep it tracking correctly. In the beginning the 105 front derailleur was problematical but the right technician makes all the difference.

I waited until I got 1,000 miles on the bike before I wrote anything so I got that at the end of the season. I shopped around on different bikes and when I rode the Sempre I knew it was the right one. The frame is great on hills and it is smoother than I was expecting it to be. Going downhill on the Blue Ridge Parkway it showed off its ability to hang in there with some of the tight turns but in the big sweepers it is a confidence builder. With this build Bianchi gives you the choice of red or blue and I am very happy with the blue, Celeste was not an option. I was a little concerned with the mixing of components but that has not been a problem in actual riding. I will have to replace the seat as it was causing problems at the end of the season. This seems par for the course in any event so I don't hold it against the bike as a whole. This 18.5 lbs bike is a great fit for me as I use as a trainer and look forward to using it on more demanding this coming season.

OVERALL
[Sep 28, 2011]
Steamboat Cyclist

Strength:

Stiff, compliant,

Fulcrum 7 wheels, white bar tape

Great frame - super efficient yet compliant, aggressive geometry that feels great under 50 miles, flip the stem over for centuries.