Blue Competition Cycles RC4 Road Bike

Blue Competition Cycles RC4 Road Bike

World Championship Gold, Pan American Gold, the Olympics, ITU and UCI World Cups. In its short history, the RC4 has accomplished more than many models could hope for in a lifetime. It features an Aerus Composites Conquest high-modulus carbon fiber tube set exquisitely bonded to 7005 series aluminum lugs. The RC4's unique geometry creates a ride that is often touted as being the best handling bike ever designed.

[Nov 19, 2007]
svengali7

Strength:

Lightweight- with Shimano Ultegra pedals my ML weighs approx 16.75 lbs. Rockets up hills and in standing sprints, but without feeling flexy.
Responsive- reacts to rider input and turns on a dime but without feeling squirly.
Fast- it's got giddy'up
Comfortable- suprisingly comfy for a crit-type race bike on longer rides.
Value- try to find a quality carbon frame with Dura Ace and carbon goodies for $5,000.00... you won't. AND they have these on closeout with Dura Ace for $3,000.00 on line.

My only complaint should probably be directed at Lufthansa Airlines. My rear wheel went out of true after about 100 miles, but this may have happened when I flew with the bike from the US to Europe.

I bought this bike mid August and have put a thousand plus miles on it. From day one I fell in love with this bike. This bike is a rocket; light yet stiff, while still being compliant and smooth over the rough stuff. The handling is quick, sharp, and responsive without being twitchy. Descending feels stable at speed, and climbing and sprinting it feels very light and responsive.

None. Prior to this I was riding an old hand-me-down Strawberry custom built frame from '83, with a Campy grouppo.

OVERALL
[Nov 09, 2007]
swimmingskibble

Strength:

Super aggressive feel, light, very strong (I am a 200lb rider), and cool different graphics. It really stands out from the crowd.

The only thing I can think of is the white paint around the head tube looks dirty after the cables start to ware on it. But that is kind of expected since I have put nearly 7500 miles on it.

I have always ridden trek, but decided that I would break out of the mold and do something different. I picked up this frame from a friend of mine at a great price, and have completely LOVED it! It is definitely more aggressive than the trek design and it is super light!

Trek pieces of poop