Blue Competition Cycles RC8 Road Bike

Blue Competition Cycles RC8 Road Bike

• Aerus Composites T700 high modulus carbon tube set and lugs
  • Aerus Composites C4SL carbon aero fork with carbon dropouts 335g
  • Aerus Composites 1 1/8" integrated headset included 55g
  • Aerus Conquest T700 high modulus carbon Mono Box bottom bracket shell - English threaded
  • Available in XS, SM, MD, ML, LG, XL

• USER REVIEWS

[Nov 24, 2013]
    arn

Strength:

Nice frame, light, stiff.

None that I've found.

I bought the frame which started as a roadbike. Then I added a Sram Force groupset that has carbon. The list went on: Hylix full carbon handle bar, Ritchey alloy+carbon stem, a San Marco seat,Specialized Pave Fact carbon seatpost. The wheelsets are to different wheels; the front is a Hed Ardennes; the rear is a Zipp 404 Clincher. The cassette is a 1090 Sram Red, Shimano pd m505 spd, Shimaho Ulterga brakes, FSA SL-K carbon fiber crankset. Now it's a racebike. Rides like a dream. With the changes, my skills have also improved. The bike challenges me to improve myself, to ride harder.

[Mar 18, 2010]
    sirvongalot

Strength:

Light weight. Super stiff. Looks Great. Seriously I don't know of a better looking bike on the road. The bike holds a tune forever. I rarely have to adjust the drive train and by rarely I mean almost never. The stability and handling reliability allows me to bomb descents without thinking twice about limiting my speed. Very comfortable. Great warranty and service from Blue. These guys seem to believe in their product and back it up with their warranty.

I really wish this bike came in more colors. Right now your choices are red or blue. The Kenda women’s team had some special green ones made last year but that's not a color blue offers standard. My team's (UVU)kits are green and a green accented bike would be tight.

I had never owned a pro-level bike before this so I was not sure what to expect. I'm a heavier guy (around 190) so I was worried that something so light would be able to hold my weight and stay stiff. Not a problem. This bike is super stiff and responsive. The quality of the carbon us almost unmatched in the industry for serious high-modulus quality materials. Some of this is I’m sure from the lugged construction of the frame. I got the the Ultegra SL set up and had my sponsoring shop swap out for the compact SL crank which Blue does not offer from the factory. After all, I live in the mountains and climbing is part of almost every ride wherever you go so yeah… compact. The ride is super smooth. As I said the carbon quality is the big factor here. The bike has the ability to absorb the road surface and still stay responsive and stiff. The dropouts in the fork are carbon but the rear dropouts are not. This was disappointing as the Rc-7 has carbon in both. When I talked to the tech rep at Blue he told me that the rear carbon drops were too squirrely so they went back to rear aluminum drops. I must say, the carbon drops on the front are sexy and give the bike a very sexy and aggressive look. The stock Aerus carbon bars are fine for me but a teammate who rides the identical set up to me swapped out his bars for something with less flex. He rides more aggressively in his drops than I do. Like I said, for me it was not a big difference but it drove him nuts. Overall I love the bike. The weight is phenomenal it looks great and it’s a real eye catcher at events.

Like I said, this was my first pro level bike so the bikes I had before this were not really comparable but it's safe to say that this blows them out of the water. I could only compare it to the bikes of the guys I train and ride with and I do notice that I do not have as many mechanical issues as they do and I ride 150-200 miles per week. Maybe I'm just lucky? Knock! Knock!

[Dec 08, 2009]
    CliveDS

Strength:

Stiffness to weight

twitchy handling

Great all rounder road bike, comfortable and light.

Scott Addict, Look 585

[Aug 24, 2008]
    d_cushman

Strength:

Super Light
    AMAZING paint job - best on the market
    Very comfortable carbon setup
    Light, sleek fork

Noticeable flex, but not enough to affect crit racers, etc.

This bike is fantastic! The carbon is very comfortable, but is still quite stiff. I would rate the carbon as being similar to a Specialized Roubaix - does a great job of removing road chatter. The frame has carbon lugs, which seems to help with this. If you want the stiffest ride in the world, try a Jamis Xenith SL or Scott Addict LTD, etc.

[May 22, 2008]
    jonnyblue

Strength:

stiff,yet comfy ride.

Awsum bike.handles so well .very stiff but also smooths the road out being a full carbon frame,nice to see carbon drop outs on the forks. I've ridden so many bikes but this is the first bike i would charge down hill on without worrying about flex.

cervelo r3,scott addict,specialized tarmac