Blue Competition Cycles RD1.2 Road Bike

# Aerus Composites T700 high modulus carbon fiber monocoque construction # Aerus Conquest C4FK full carbon fork 450g # FSA Orbit 1 1/8" Zero stack headset included # English threaded bottom bracket shell # Available in XS, SM, MD, ML, LG

xian   Road Racer [May 02, 2011]
Strength:

Ultegra/Dura ace/105 drive train is quick and precise. Rear cluster is super tight (12-25) and makes it easy to fine tune cadence and speed. Yeah, I've got gears for that.

Carbon frame is stiff and responsive especially in the bottom bracket which is consistent with other reviews of Blue framesets

Not overly light 17.0 lbs out of the box a full lb heavier than the Giant TCR that I tested.

Could do with a lighter wheelset.

I don't hate the saddle which seams to be a common complaint, but saddles are easy enough to replace.

Compact crank may leave sprinters wanting more gear.

A few quick facts to give you my perspective

- I am a back of the pack CAT 4
- This is my first carbon frame
- I have been Riding and racing a CAAD4 Cannondale for 10 years

I love this bike! I accelerates like nothing I've ever ridden. It has a very nice component package for the price and gave me great value for my money compared to other bikes that I considered.

I was hesitant to buy a bike with a compact crank. I was worried I would miss my top end gears I was pleasantly surprised to find that I haven't missed my 53-12 yet. This bike is a climbing machine. The pedal to road transfer is so efficient that I find myself pushing bigger gears, responding quicker to challenges and not paying the price for it.

I love the finish work on the carbon and the green detailing gives it a look that sets it apart.