Blue Competition Cycles RD1 Road Bike

* Aerus Composites T700 high modulus carbon fiber monocoque construction * Aerus Conquest C4FK full carbon fork 450g * FSA Orbit 1 1/8" Zero stack headset included * English threaded bottom bracket shell * Available in XS, SM, MD, ML, LG * Not Available as Frameset Only

Jason   Triathlete [Dec 10, 2012]
Strength:

1) FAST
2) STIFF
3) COMFORTABLE
4) GREAT FOR THE PRICE!

1) It could have came with sram rival but other than that amazing bike.

This is my first carbon road bike and i am in love with it! I use this for triathlon training and for my local group rides. It corners very well and is extremely stiff. The handling is flawless. I have raced 8 triathlons and have won my age group in nearly all of them. When i put on some zipp 808 the color scheme was sexy!

Similar Products Used: Fuji carbon tri bike
Ben H.   Road Racer [Jun 23, 2011]
Strength:

Stiff frame, comfortable geometry, accelerates well, good value for a full carbon frame

I've been on this bike for a couple months now and have been pleasantly surprised with the ride quality. The frame is stiff, very responsive and the 105 component package has been pretty smooth so far. It weighed in at 18 lbs with pedals.

luv2flyjrn   Triathlete [May 06, 2011]
Strength:

frame - smooth, light, strong.

components could be stepped up to rival, but to get a frame of this quality into this price point I understand the 105.

A fantastic ride. Posted a short video review on youtube if you want to see some pics and a vid of the bike. Bottom line is if you are looking at this bike and want something you can race on yet feel comfortable after 112 miles this is it. The bike is a little pricey considering the components but that is because of the incredible frame. It is very well thought out. The downtube is very large giving a smooth ride quality while adding to stiffness and light weight. The large headtube provides a very stable ride. The rear seatstays are split and slightly aero shaped to give strength for braking yet helps smooth out the ride. The bike is light and climbs great, yet it soaks up the raod so well you feel like you could talk on the cobblestones of the tour on it. Great bike, even better frame, and absolutely top notch company.

Similar Products Used: Litespeed sienna, Scott Cr1, Trek Madone.
dougphoto   Road Racer [Aug 11, 2010]
Strength:

light and stiff, with a smooth ride

I'd like to see more FSA and Less Shimano on it, or go with Sram

I love this bike! 17 years ago I was a cat 3 racer, then jobs, kids, bad back, blah blah, kind of got me out and I became just a commuter. two years ago I decided I needed to start riding seriously again, so at age 38 I got a Blue RD1, it's my first Full carbon ride and I love it. Super smooth yet stiff and light.

Similar Products Used: When I was racing I road a Bianchi, I loved that bike, and had a $ 2000 (1995 $'s) wheel set on it, the blue kicks it's ass.