Bottecchia Bottecchia Sprint BZ 78 Team Road Bike

VUELTA XRP PRO 27.2 x 300mm 6061 ALLOY

SADDLE
BOTTECCHIA

djnewelly   Recreational Rider [Apr 30, 2011]
Strength:

lightweight
unique weight distribution for specialized uses
sprinting (obviously)
ultegras
xrp rims and stock tires have had ZERO flats... i approve!
commuting bc of the decent shock absorption but if you really want smooth get a bianchi

turning sharply on mountain downhills
weird weight distribution
not the most versatile
grip came loose

you know i gotta be honest, i might be a little biased but some of you might understand. I tend to, naturally, root for the underdog..or..smaller companies. with that said, i have ridden most of the high end common brands and decided that i prefer bottecchias over all except Bianchi. there's just something about the smoothness and speed. not quite as fast as my bottecchia though on straights.

Similar Products Used: oh lord, i could write a laundry list but i've tried 'em allllll : D
deaconmark1   Road Racer [Feb 15, 2010]
Strength:

Great buy for the money a full carbon frame for $1000 and ultegra fr and rear derailers. Good solid ride cannot find this similar in this price range.

The wheels are heavy but they have been true and well built. I am 6'2 weight 178 and they have done ok just wish they were lighter.

This is a 2009 Bottecchia FC662. Out of the box it was fine got it from e bay. Now that I have road it about 1800 miles I did upgrade the to Ultegra Brakes the Cane Creek scr 3 were ok but I did not like the response of the rear and cane creek sent me a new one after I complained. Bike is stable and pretty light at 20.2 pds in my 61 frame with 2 water cages and pedals. Lighter wheels would help but these Vuelta's are strong. Looks great and I am happy

Similar Products Used: mercier and schwinn traveler
smikep   Road Racer [May 25, 2008]
Strength:

Good value for the price. Needs upgrades for fit. Finish on the frame/fork is superb. Shifting was flawless out of the box. I would recommend this bike to anyone wanting to not spend big $$ on a new bike. Get questions from other riders after I pass them. Ha! This bike looks good and is a fun ride. Got this to quite smoking and it worked ! That's the best stength of all.

Cane Creek brakes are bad. Vuelta wheels are mediocre at best. The seat hurts and the seatpost, stem and bars are boat anchors. Upgrades make a huge difference with this bike. No problems with the cranks but, first hint and it will be Dura Ace to the rescue.

I'm 6' and 176 lb and got the 58 cm 2008 Bottecchia Team carbon. The bike is Dura Ace 7800 with bad brakes and FSA carbon crankset.I upgraded the brakes to DA with a huge improvement. got a new seatpost,seat,tires,stem and bars. The bike handles, climbs and descends well. Next improvement is Mavic wheels. Not sure yet about the cranks. The bike is fun, tight and fast. Not bad at 16.5 lb with Time carbon pedals. I can switch to a different frame and fork next year.

Similar Products Used: Last bike was a Serotta Colorado with Mavic wheels and full Campy Record. I miss the Campy stuff but honestly the Dura Ace is flawless.
borre13   Road Racer [Apr 09, 2008]
Strength:

Looks cool, get the full dura-ace, solid carbon-frame, medium weight

seatpost, headset/stem, wheels...

I decided to get this bike instead of getting a used better brand for the same price (carbon frame) I figure the full dura-ace and crank probably comes close to the price anyway...I have around 3000 miles on it already and I honestly couldn't complain. Of course I had to get better tires, and I would definetley change stem, seatpost, and probably handlebars. The wheels aren't good either, but I ride in and out of downtown Los Angeles, these wheels are tough, heavy but tough...I recomend it for the budget conscious...

Similar Products Used: Cannondale R700 Double Caad5 (Ultegra), Giant TCR (For about a month) and older Schwin Steel...
bluestar1968   Recreational Rider [Feb 14, 2008]
Strength:

Weight - 16.5lbs w/upgraded wheels, price, Dura Ace of course.

Cheap stem, seat, handlebars, and seatpost.

I'm pretty happy with my new Bottechia. The frame is very well made and the bike is very light. I decided to get it with Ritchey WCS Protocol wheels after reading some bad reviews on the Vuelta XRP Pro. The Ritchey wheels are much lighter at only 1500g. The drivetrain is all dura ace with an FSA carbon crank. I paid $45 at my LBS to get the cables trimmed and tune up the shifting. Now Shifting is incredible and the bike handles great.

spicerwolf   Road Racer [Dec 16, 2007]
Strength:

All Carbon monocoupe frame,fork,sweet & fast

sizing:purchased 58cm frame,but the stem was 110mm,had to buy smaller,& handlebars @ 44cm,replaced as well w/ 40cm.Vuelta wheelset:fast corners felt like tires were ready to come off wheel,went to change tires & determine wheels must be a titch smaller in dia.,no tools needed to take tire off rim.Change rims to my Spynergy's,not an issue cornering.

I'm 5'8" ,160 lb, 32" inseam,have 2 other bikes,56cm,1991 Schwinn 754,always felt to confined & a 2003,61cm,Douglas Stealth(Colorado Cyclist),modifications made here as well.Both Stealth & Bottechhia have 175 cranks