Cannondale Cannondale Six Carbon 6 Road Bike

Cannondale Six Carbon 6

Elite road racing bike with affordable Monocoque carbon fiber frame including fork and drops. Shimano 105 drivetrain with some exceptions--namely FSA Omega Compact Crank/Chainrings, 34/50, FSA MegaExo bottom bracket, Tektro R350 Dual Pivot brakes-all downgraded somewhat to maintain a price point. Mavic CXP22, 32 hole rims. Maxxis Fuse foldable, 700 X 23c tires. San Marco Ponza Power saddle. Cannondale C3 handlebars. Cannondale C4 stem.

Roadimus Prime   Recreational Rider [Jul 26, 2011]
Strength:

Sporty, yet comfortable frame
Price was right
All-round great performer

Having only owned it for a little over a month, I have yet to find any appreciable weaknesses

Picked up this frameset on clearance and swapped over all my components from my old roadie. FSA crankset, Sora drivetrain, and Xero wheels. I'm loving the strength of the aluminum and the smoothness of the carbon fiber. Worlds more comfortable than my other bike (Schwinn), with lots more giddyyap to work with. Not quite as sporty as the Cervelo S2 I tested last year, but I never expected it to be. Overall, I consider this to be the best bike I've ever owned. Well worth the $$$.

Similar Products Used: Cervelo S2
Schwinn RD700
Erich   Triathlete [Jul 14, 2011]
Strength:

Decent weight (22lbs), steering, comfortable, fast, reliable.

Stock seat was a joke, hurt just looking at it. Big ring too small, shifting a bit finicky.

Test rode everything in the $1500-$2500 range when I bought this bike. Kept coming back to this bike. 2,000 miles later, I am glad I did. Just felt right then and now. Very comfortable, even after 3 hour rides. Not sure I'd agree it climbs well, as at 220lbs I still feel like I am dragging an upside down cow up a hill - but that could be just me. Very stable at high speeds, nice balance, steering. Only complaint is the shifting is dodgy and the stock 50T chainring is small. Based on other reviews, going to upgrade some parts soon. Added bar gel to make bars more comfortable, plus a set of roadbike aero bars (not the long tribike bars). They made a big difference in riding position, more speed and better workout. Also swapped saddle with a Specialized Avatar, which saved my you know what - literally. Overall, great bike, highly recommended.

The Lu   Recreational Rider [Oct 03, 2010]
Strength:

Nimble, balanced, comfortable on long rides.

Fsa compact cranks gave inconsistent front shifting. Saddle unconfortable for me.

After 1300 miles on this bike, I feel that the bike has been a good value. Made some changes of components mainly to improve my comfort. Switched the original saddle, handlebar, brake calipers and cranks.

Wade Wong   Recreational Rider [May 28, 2010]
Strength:

Its a C'dale.
Climbing prowess.
Aesthetics

Wgt (9+kgs)
Heavy stock wheelset (mavic cxp22)+ c'dale hubs
C'dale C2 seatpost (carbon-wrapped-wt..?)

Re: C'dale Carbon six 6 '09
Purchased above bike on sale/clearance. Being my second road bike, i found the C'dale good value (C'dale stock parts; 105 spec). Being a rec rider, yet to test its race potential. Was amazed with the massive BB but disappointed with its wgt (~9kgs)- I'm a sub60kg jockey! No probs with FSA Omega cranks (just some tweaking/trimming req). Bike shows amazing compliance and climbing prowess despite its wgt. Steering is intuitive and responsive. Love the decals and race red tone.

Similar Products Used: Bianchi Via Nirone '05
Avanti monza '99

imjh1388   Recreational Rider [Mar 07, 2010]
Strength:

Smooth, comfortable ride.
Feels as stiff as the CAAD9

Rims not up to the price of bike

This is review for the 2010 C'dale Six Carbon 3. The difference comes down to groupset with this Carbon 3 with Ultegra groupset.

This bike came with upgraded rims (Fulcrum Racing 5) and change from FSA BB30 crank to Ultegra cranks.

This bike has geometry that's less aggressive than the CAAD9. It's smooth, less road "rumble" and certainly more comfortable in terms of absorbing the bumps on the road.

It feels stiff and certainly the bike has more ability than my fitness. Handles well and really stable at high speed and cornering.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale CAAD9 R5
nomihsb   Recreational Rider [Aug 23, 2009]
Strength:

100% carbon monocoque frame down to dropouts, stiff yet shock absorbent for a speedy yet comfortable ride, excellent power transfer with the BB30 technology.

FSA Omega Compact Crank/Chainrings were a nightmare causing numerous trips to the shop for adjustments, replacements. Only peace of mind came with an eventual upgrade to Shimano 105 bottom bracket, compact crank/chainrings, and chain.

The Six Carbon 6 is a beautiful bike for many reasons--lightweight 100% carbon frame with a combination of stiffness and ride comfort. After 1,900 miles two words come to mind--comfort and speed. This bike moves beneath me on rolling terrain and up hills with relative ease, and I'm not the worse for it after 4 hours in the saddle due to the shock resistant carbon and Cannondale carbon technology--hourglass shaped seat stays, oversized tapered headtube. My only complaint has been with the FSA Omega Compact Crank/Chainrings--whether because these items are less intuitive than Shimano 105 or because I'm a neophyte roady (or both) I have had nothing but headaches with shifting my front chainrings until I upgraded to Shimano 105. Now it's all an afterthought, very intuitive, and almost shifts for me. The delay in this upgrade caused me not a few headaches & trips to the dealer who basically blamed me for the mishaps. Since the upgrade I no longer patronize this bike shop.

Similar Products Used: 1st road bike.