Cannondale R1000 Road Bike

Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Hutchinson Reflex

[Nov 15, 2017]
Mr. Versatile

Strength:

Looks great, handles well, relatively inexpensive

Extremely harsh ride even with larger tires.

I love the way this bike looks. The paint, the fat tubes, the style are, IMO great. It also handles quite well & is confidence inspiring in tight corners & descents. Unfortunately the ride is terrible. The bike rides like a thinly upholstered brick on metal roller skate wheels. Every irregularity in the road surface is felt not only through the bars, but also the seat. There's a lot of talk about the desirability of stiffness, but this bike is too stiff. I just sold this bike after having owned it for a number of years. When I rode it I always got saddle sores & numb hands. I'm 6'4" & 200 # & I could not make this bike flex. At all. Starting from a stop the frame is so stiff that it feels dead. It's like stepping on a rock. The price is good & it looks great, but I'd never buy this bike again.

[Apr 08, 2013]
Jim Park

Strength:

Strong seamless Frame, excellent components; great ride!

Hutchinson tires, rims, shifters.

I love my R1000! The frame is the heart of any bike, you can upgrade anything on a frame but the only way to upgrade a frame is, obviously, to get a new one! Cannondale welds some of the best frames on the market, take it from an ex bicycle mechanic/salesman. They are seamlessly welded and each one is built by hand. My older Dale had the stamp of the builder and if you see this one in person, you will see the loving care and American craftsmanship put into bringing these tubes together. Before anyone, including Trek, got into Aluminum, Cannondale was revolutionizing the industry!! The components on mine, including the front derailleur, are all Ultegra Flight Deck components! All this bike needs to bring it up to date are the new Shimano Ultegra shifters, to clean up the front end, and some lighter wheels to really experience the responsiveness of this frame! I love mine and will keep it as long as it lasts, which I think will be longer than I am around.

[Nov 28, 2012]
Ex-Wife

Strength:

Great Condition!

60cm frame

I have a 2004 Cannondale R1000 in excellent condition for sale. My ex loved this bike. I'd keep it, but I don't ride. I'm only asking $800 and it doesn't have much mileage on it at all. It was my ex-husbands. I have pics available to anyone interested. I'm in the Sacramento, California area 916-705-1768 text msgs preferred.

[Jun 14, 2012]
andy

Strength:

speed, components (ultegra), nimble

paint seems fragile but no rust under, saddle had to be switched out, stiffness (but that's what makes her fast too!)

My friends and I have nicknamed my R1000 "The Rocket". I love it. She's red with yellow lettering and sometimes I lust after her! :) I (stupidly) sold it and got out of road biking for a year. But I pleaded with the buyer 1 year later to resell it to me, thankfully he did! I've had her for 11 of 12 years and will NEVER get rid of her again. I swapped out the handlebars for some that were a little wider (I'm 6 foot 200#). I can't imagine riding another road bike.

[Apr 24, 2012]
Mark Brantley

Strength:

Stiff and reliable. The Ultegra group has never let me down. This bike has over 25k miles on it, I picked it up new from the Cannondale plant in Bedford PA. I am 6' 1", 220 lbs and it has never let me down.

solid workmanship from the US.

[Jun 18, 2011]
JHcaad4

Strength:

Great strength to weight ratio. Rides smooth..frame is very strong.

Paint is starting to get bad in some small parts of bike but thats from years of heavy use.

Nice bike, bought it for 200 bucks from a guy who was moving, its bright yellow so alittle flashy but its all good to me.

I only ride cannondale and each bike is different.

[Oct 23, 2010]
Kellysauto

Strength:

Strong frame, I ride at some fast downhill speeds often 45+ MPH I need a frame,fork and wheelset I can trust.

None that I know

I am 6'4" and weigh 210 I bought this 63cm frame on E-bay one piece at a time, it has a 11.1-3.1 gear ratio

I've owned many bikes

[Oct 07, 2009]
James Bowkett

Strength:

Lightweight, strong and pretty quick of the mark.

After heavy use starting to tell it's mileage...not really surprising

It was great, some little *@@* stole it. Would like to get my hands on them.

Specialized Allez Triple

[Sep 26, 2008]
cmichman1

Strength:

It is a great value package (at the time it was new), it is also lightweight and responsive. The Mavic wheelset is nice and the nearly full Ultegra gruppo is great!

The stock seat, brake calipers and tires were junk, GONE!

I bought this bike after a major crash bent the chain stays of my previous R600. Wanting to upgrade and after doing a lot of research & testing I came across this bike on clearance. I bought it on the spot and since then I have logged over 1000 miles on it (its not my primary ride) and loved all of them. Since the pavement around here suffers greatly for our harsh Midwest winters I am forced to ride on a large variety of pavement types from good to bad and this bike has handled it all well and keeps asking for more.

Cannondale R600

[Aug 08, 2007]
brian

Strength:

solid performance, dependable. quick when I can be... forgiving when I can't

I got a great deal on this 2003 as the new 04's were coming in... after 7000 miles, I am still very much in love with this bike. It surprises many, especially considering my size. even at times (winter) when I am pushing 215lbs, this beauty never complains and rewards me even more on the descents. I keep looking around with thoughts of upgrading this or that... but she's been perfect despite crashes... may be the last bike I ever own.

Bianchi (90's model)