Cannondale R3000 Road Bike

Rear Der: Shimano Dura-Ace
Pedals: Not included
Tires: 700 x 23c Continental Grand Prix 3000 kevlar

Doug Arent   Recreational Rider [Jul 12, 2010]
Strength:

I rode 140 miles from 29 Palms, CA to State Line Nevada in one day, followed by a 70 ride from State Line to Vegas the following day and the R3000 was extremely comfortable. Rode Palomar Mountain, 12 mile climb at 8 percent grade, and nobody could keep up with me; a true testament to this quality machine and not my skills, which are average at best.

I'm the weakness; I'll never ride this bike to its full potential.

Most comfortable and best performing bike I've owned.

Paul Soles   Commuter [Feb 19, 2009]
Strength:

Very quick for a bike. It is weighs next to nothing compared to my older chrome moly Paramount. It is not all too rigid or too plyable, it is just right.

sometimes I wish I had a triple, living in Oregon. Otherwise, none I have come across yet.

Out of the three bikes I have owned/own, it is my favorite. It is so lite and responsive. It returned to me the love of cycling.
I bought it as a frame and fork and built it up.

Similar Products Used: I had an old Trek 2300 and my R3000 is a far superior bike.
jimijoe43   Recreational Rider [Feb 04, 2008]
Strength:

Quick.
Responsive.
Dependable.

Totally impossible to to keep speed down to the 16 mph B ride pace.
2 Cannondale stickers would have been enough for this bike. 12 is too many. You can see what kind of bike it is laying underneith it for christ sake!

This bike is top quality all the way. Comfortable ride, great climber, quick off the line or in a sprint, handles well in all cornering situations and weather conditions, shifts clean, brakes well.

perez343   Road Racer [Dec 24, 2007]
Strength:

the only bikes that climb better than this bike are the full carbon fibre bikes but you will pay way more for that.there are better sprinting bikes but you will pay for that as well.but all around for climbing and sprinting this is the best.you just cant beat it for the price with the performance you get.the bright blue color is a outstanding color.

you have to know what kind of rider you are.this might not be the best climbing bike for a climber.so you have to know your weaknesses and strenghts.but if you want the best of both worlds,this is it

very responsive bike that handles very well.never had any problems with the bike as it is reliable as hell.great for climbing and sprinting.although i consider myself more of a pressure rider(never sprints just puts on a high tempo on flat or climbing roads)for the price of this one compared to a $2000.00 and up bike its a steal.considering they ride and feel the same.

Similar Products Used: klein,giant,peugot,felt,schwinn
Mike   Road Racer [Dec 17, 2006]
Strength:

Light responsive and the color.

None that I have found.

Great ride-ing bike for an aluminium frame. Super stiff sprints and climbs great. This is the clear blue frame looks out of this world.

Similar Products Used: Schwinn SuperSport SL
fields3   Recreational Rider [Nov 08, 2005]
Strength:

just about everything (my value rating is a little skewed sice I paid half of MSRP)

fiz:k Airone seat doesnt work for me. Im currently using the WTB seat off my giant NRS air.

After reading the other posts I bought this bike on e-bay sight unseen. I was not disappointed. This bike is fast and corners like its on rails.

Similar Products Used: not really similar since they are all carbon Ultegra and this bike is all Aluminum Dura Ace but...Specialized Tarmac Comp, Giant TCR Limited. Both were nice but didnt quite have the acceleration of a Cannondale (and I got Dura Ace for the same price) I also tried a Felt F50, too heavy for the price range.
ryank   Road Racer [Oct 06, 2005]
Strength:

The wheels. Can't go wrong with Ksyrium SL's. If you ride a pair of training wheels all week, it feels like you are on a new machine when you slap the syriums on for a race weekend. The frame. Feels soooo good and very fast. Plus, I have one in blue. If you haven't seen the 2004 blue R3000, it's friggin beautiful. Fly honies dig it. Saddle. I have a Fizik Aliante on it...not stock, but I'd say if you value possible reproduction, get one of these. Plus, they offer it in a blue which matches the frame. Dura Ace? Oh yeah. My bike is actually a mix of an older one and the 2004 R3000, so I have older 9-speed, but it still works very well and I haven't had a problem with it. You get what you pay for, I guess.

This bike loves unecessary creaking. I have an old-style Ultegra BB, so the new external one would probably solve this problem. Occasional tightening of it also solves the problem.

I love this bike. The frame is great, very stiff and VERY responsive. I find myself making F1 engine noises when I'm shifting...yeah, I'm a winner, but sometiems that's what the bike feels like. If you are afraid of feeling exactly what the road is like, this probably isn't the bike for you. But I like it, and it has served me well in many races.

Similar Products Used: 2002 (I think) R3000. I cracked that frame, and Cannondale warrenteed it and got me the 2004 frame. So, basically everything from that bike was moved onto this one.
roadshark   Recreational Rider [Sep 15, 2005]
Strength:

Light feel but solid handling; accelerates very quickly from a dead stop or during a break out. Carbon forkset and seatpost help give a comfortable ride. Even the stock Fizik Arione seat has been rather noteworthy thru several century rides.

Seatpost has a tendency to slip if not put through a rather strong (high torque) tightening down of the clamp.

Went into the LBS looking for an R2000, and ended up cutting on a deal on this one. It's the one time that I've had no regrets being conned into buying something I hadn't planned. I've put over 6000 trouble free miles on it since purchase 14 months ago. Had it into the shop recently for regular maint- only thing needed was chain replacement due to normal stretch/wear. However, I don't race, so things are likely wearing at a slower rate than a bike that does. Light weight combined with 10spd cass.(39/53 and 11/25 gearing) works well for an occasional climb or two in high country. However, you may want to consider a triple for really steep slopes or longer rides in very mountainous regions. Whether racing or just an avid rider, this bike merits a 5 in my opinion.