Cannondale Six13 Road Bike

Six13

The Six13’s Optimo Aluminum head tube, seat tube and rear triangle are co-molded to high modulus carbon fiber top and down tubes, forming a mechanical interlock. The result is high frequency road vibration damping comfort up front, plus all the responsiveness you’d expect from a Cannondale in the back.

Bill   Road Racer [Oct 13, 2011]
Strength:

Fit
Extremely good looks.
I like the semi compact frame design

None so fat.

I have been riding titanium for the last ten years and finally bought a CAAD9 Cannondale a few years back and was really pleased with the fit and feel. I decided to buy this frame when I got a good deal on it. I have not been disappointed. The bike just feels fast. It is the most comfortable frame I have ever ridden. I am riding a lot of country roads in western Indiana and they are not the smoothest. I went witha fairly light wheelset and that was all I needed. If you can pick one of these up that still in decent shape do it.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale CAAD9 Optimo 2
Litespeed Palmares
Litespeed Ultimate
Merlin Works 6/4
Jacques Gratton   Recreational Rider [May 24, 2011]
Strength:

Light, stiff, comfortable. Mine is the "team" model, with just a gloss on the carbon and bare aluminium : killer looks!

Occasionally, squeaks coming from the front, depending on temperature and humidity levels. Not as stable on fast descents as my Marinoni (but then, I may not be as intrepid as when I was younger...).

My previous bike was a steel frame (Marinoni) that I had ridden for 12 years. Going to a new model with that special mix of aluminium and carbon was an easy transition as I didn't sacrifice on the comfort but gained in responsiveness and climbing ability. Mavic Ksyriums ES wheels really give soul to this excellent machine.

Steve   Road Racer [Dec 08, 2010]
Strength:

lite, fast and comfortable

the flat black paint scraches too easy

Great riding bike that really makes you faster! I was literally kicked out of my group ride for setting two fast of a pace. It’s competitive in crits, centuries, tri’s…. I was tempted to go all carbon like my friends and I’m glad I choose this bike.

Similar Products Used: cadd 4, cadd 5
gravitysucks   Recreational Rider [Apr 03, 2010]
Strength:

For my average 60-75 min ride I increased my speed average 3mph over my old Allez (2003 alu frame w. Ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium Elite) So that's the difference for me - night and day. Super responsive and I loved riding this bike. Way better build quality compared to my 2006 Madone 5.9

My big feet (sz 13 US) would sometimes hit the chainstays which is usually not a problem for me. Otherwise flawless. Going to build up another Six13 but do it in a smaller frame. At 6'2" the 63 cm was too big for me and the only reason I sold the bike.

Built this one up with SRAM RED and Easton EA90SL wheelset. An amazing bike that was so nice I was afraid to ride it!

Similar Products Used: 2003 Allez
2006 Madone 5.9
1998 Allez
Turkey9186   Recreational Rider [Nov 29, 2009]
Strength:

Incredible power transfer compared to the CAAD5 frame. Original design with carbon seat tube soaks up the majority of road buzz.

Twitchy steering. The head tube angle was changed from the CAAD5 frames and really affected cornering. CAAD5 point it where you want to go and forget it. 6/13, stay ahead of it or you will be in trouble quickly.

The frameset was a warranty replacement for a Stars and Stripes CAAD 5 frame.
Bike was built up to perform well on climbs, and be comfortable on all day rides. Bike was built in the spring of 2005, and to date I have just over 11000 miles on it with no issues.

Similar Products Used: Litespeed Classic, C-dale CAAD3 and CAAD5
Jim Maddocks   Recreational Rider [Aug 29, 2009]
Strength:

Speed, looks, when you stand into it hard, this bike jumps and goes like mad. Makes me feel fast.

The frame creak that I keep chasing around the bike. An the fact that I'd rather ride than do almost anything else....including work.

I bought this frame from a guy and then built up with ebay Campy Chorus and Record parts. This has simply been an incredible bike. I just can't ride this slow. It wants to go fast. A couple of tech notes - I am constantly battling a creak - I chased it around the bike for weeks - haven't found it yet. The bike is a bit twitchy - you gotta keep both hands on the handlebars - it's a bit like a thoroughbred at high speed - skittery but really really fast. I seriously can't ride this bike slow no matter how I try.

Similar Products Used: Cannondale R400
injuredKnee   Recreational Rider [Aug 28, 2009]
Strength:

It's Cannondale. Aluminum frame with carbon where needed. Ride quality. Looks.

Haven't found any yet...and don't I will.

This is for 2008 Six13(price is for frame only). I'm a mountain biker preparing for 12 hour XC races. I wanted a road bike for training for 12 hours training. I really got lucky and came across the frame I'd been looking for a long time(I got so excited when I got it and I knew Six13 is WAY more than a training bike). Frame is black with white outline lettering, such a beauty. Top/seat tubes has carbon sections. The bike rides beautifully, it's compliant but not too much. Just smooth enough for my liking. This bike got me to love roadbiking. I just don't understand why C'dale's had to decide to discontinue it.

Similar Products Used: Some Felt Aluminum bike...
NickCromoton   Road Racer [Apr 13, 2009]
Strength:

Weight (illegal)
Looks (should be illegal)
Rigidity

Too flash to chain up outside a pub.

What happens to professionals' bikes when their teams disband? I don't know the answer to that, but I did manage to find Sabauliaskas' Team Saeco Cannondale at an obscure bike dealer in Switzerland. Now I know that shop bought Six13s probably bare no resemblence to this particular steed, but built up with SRAM Force and hookey immitation Bora Ultras, this bike turned out to be the quickest thing I've ever sat astride (although, I've never been carnally acquainted with Flo Jo). I never knew that bikes could corned so sharply at speed. I never knew that so much power could be tranferred to the wheels. And to top it all off, other cyclists would fall off their bikes, gawping at this beautiful charriot.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Tarmac COMP, Trek 5.9 Madone.
getoffyerfatassandride   Road Racer [Feb 04, 2009]
Strength:

Lite, smooth and fast

Test rode several carbon bikes from £2k - £4k and preffered this one. SUper smooth, fast, lite and looks great. Built up with full Ultegra SLm Mavic Kysrium Elites and Easton EA90 finishing kit with Ultremo tyres.

Similar Products Used: Orbea Orca, Scott Addict, Cannondale system Six
rob9777   Road Racer [Jan 14, 2009]
Strength:

Weight, acceleration, climbing ability, turning stability

low top end with compact cranks

I've had this bike, a Cannondale Six13 5 Compact Crank, for five months now. I've put 1200 happy and fast miles on it through hills, mountain roads, and coastal highways. The bike won me over because it is comfortable to ride, stable at speed, (can do a wheelie) and climbs hills really well. I've found the bike balanced and reassuring, with good brakes thrown in too. Riding down a curvy mountain road downhill after a climb up the other side is so rewarding with this bike since it's so easy to get it up to speed, jam the brakes hard, then turn, lean and pedal out. That's the best way I can describe this bike. It lets you throw it around, yet is a precise instrument that lets you go really fast, fast.