Cannondale Synapse Carbon 4 Road Bike

Synapse Carbon 4

• Frame: Synapse Carbon S.A.V.E BB30
  • Fork: Synapse monocoque full carbon, S.A.V.E.
  • Tires: Vittoria Diamante Pro Light, 700 x 23c, foldable
  • Rear Cogs: SRAM PG-1070, 12-27
  • Shifters: SRAM Rival

JackieB   [Aug 01, 2012]
Strength:

Light, comfortable geometry, good size choices great components.

You will feel rough roads more than Cannondale's commercial for Paris-Roubaix Pave will lead you to believe. Though smoother than aluminum, It is still rougher than steel.

Great geometry, not as upright as Specialized Roubaix, but not as racy as many others in the plush bike category. A nice compromise. Frame is stiff, power through BB30 is awesome. Component options are numerous. My 55 year old legs appreciate the SRAM Rival groupset, compact crank and WiFli cassette with hill gears. Great for the aging cyclist. First 100 miles ( 5 @ 20mi) and I love the bike. Looking forward to longer rides after I ditch the Prologo Scratch pro saddle. Ouch.

Jeremy   Recreational Rider [Sep 14, 2011]
Strength:

Climbs like a goat and almost feels effortless compared to my old bike.
Corners great and feels stable on the downhills.

The Tektro brakes could be better and might be in line for replacement down the road.

Picked up my 2010 Synapse 4 hardly used from a guy at a great price to replace my long in the tooth 2003 Specialized Allez Elite that lots of mileage on it.

This is my first all carbon road bike and what a difference from my old Specialized. It gives a super plush ride and overall just feels great. The Double Tap Rival takes a bit of getting used to from my previous Shimano Tiagra/105 setup, but is really responsive and shifts crisp and clean.

The BB30 bottom bracket really does make a difference and power transfer feels instant.

midtex pilot   Recreational Rider [Apr 12, 2011]
Strength:

Great ride

Stock saddle

Had a Trek 7.3fx and wanted to upgrade to a road bike. Looked at the Synapse carbon6 but got a really good price on the4. Love the rival drivetrain. Upgraded to Mavic Ksyrium SL wheels, selleitalia maxflite saddle, 105pedals. Great bike!

hammermtb   Recreational Rider [Jan 24, 2011]
Strength:

Carbon everything with the "Save" technology, BB30 Bottom bracket, Mavic Aksium wheels, and no transferrable road vibration.

Factory seat. Change it out with a Koobi Au Enduro. Road a 15 miler with no padded shorts with the Koobi...not a pain in the world.

This review is for the 2010 Synapse 4 Carbon with the Rival group and Mavic Aksium wheels. This is my first road bike and I am in love with it. My first experience road riding was while commuting this past summer on my pig, a Scott P45 I think. I put 700 miles on it in the matter of 5 months, and got the roadie bug. All in all, a great bike for the price. I was skeptical about opting for the FSA double crank vs. triple crank, but I wouldnt have it any other way now.

Similar Products Used: None.
francoaa   Recreational Rider [Jun 14, 2010]
Strength:

Great over rough pavement compared to a $800 alum bike I tested. I like the weight. Handles great for a rec. rider.Goes up hills very nice.

Wish it came in more than black, maybe a orange or blue. It should have been all tigara not sora front derailer. Need to adjust brake pads off center not a big deal.

this is for a 2010 synapse carbon 4, did not see 2010 yr listed. I like it alot the carbond frame really takes the sting out of rough pavement for its price class. Great ride, no sting in the arse!Great climber.

Similar Products Used: test jamis ventura sport nice, specialized sectur. the carbon was better
rob   Recreational Rider [May 30, 2010]
Strength:

very fast, and agile. probably the most performance oriented in its class

should come in red and blk.

fastest bike in its cat. great spec. sram rival lighter than ult. and less money. try this bike, if you are looking at the plush cat.