Eddy Merckx Carbon AXM Road Bike

Eddy Merckx Carbon AXM Road Bike

• Super-fancy steel marvel
  • Acknowledged this traditional viewpoint
  • Headtube area and bottom bracket
  • Shock-damping qualities
  • High-end titanium bikes

[Mar 22, 2018]
LO>

Strength:

Bought in 2006, 25th anniversary model and still going strong. Nothing gets anywhere near the power transmission of this frame and yes it not for the weight weenies (same weight as a C50) but it's a bike you will keep for a lifetime and still think you're riding the best.

None.

Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2005
[Dec 17, 2012]
cyclist_sg

Strength:

I have been on my AXM since 2006 and still counting the kilometers spent. The stiffness is legendary and outperforms my EMX-3 on all counts that I went back to AXM again.

It may not be featherlight but the feedback is certainly efficient and effective from each pedalling stroke.

If I was to choose from the 6 bikes in my stable, this is the only one I will ride with until the world ends on 21st Dec 2012 (if it happens). Otherwise, this frameset is going to be sticking with me all the way.

Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra x 2, Eddy Merckx Alu Team, Eddy Merckx Fuga, Eddy Merckx Elite Sloping, Eddy Merckx Team SC Chrono, Eddy Merckx EMX-3

[Jul 09, 2012]
kbarckett

Strength:

Best bike I have ever ridden and I am still on it. I upgraded to the dura ace 7900, and this made the axm even better.

Price was steep but worth it.

I love the compliments I get from other cyclists on the road!

[Mar 19, 2009]
jmrosen

Strength:

Quick and responsive. Beautiful finish.

Price, of course. Too rigid, I guess, if you arent expecting it!

I upgraded to this after I was crashed into while riding my Merckx EXM. The EXM was stiff and responsive, but the AXM is even more so. You cant make this bike flex, no matter how hard you try. The result is a superfast ride, but no a comfortable one, per se---almost aluminium like. Definitely magnified by the Kysirium SL wheelset I have on it and 700x22 Gommitalia Targa tires. But if you want that characteristic, there is nothing better on the market. You will definitely finish before the rest of the group. The finish is impeccable---a truly amazing frame and beautiful work of art.

Colnago Cristallo, Orbea Orca, Merckx EXM

[Aug 12, 2008]
Matticus

Strength:

Lightweight, perfectly balanced, extremely stable throughout the full range of speeds, unsurpassed ride quality

Better not be any at this price point - and there aren't!

Absolutely supreme ride quality, strikes the perfect balance all around - stability, light weight, stiffness, style. No compromises

[May 20, 2008]
Cycling Doc

Strength:

Geometry I think is perfect and the stiffness to weight is ideal.

Well price but if you are happy for years it becomes moot!

This is my second bike designed by Eddy. My first was the Scandium Team SC. I am 6'5"and the SC was a little small for me but I loved the way it rode. Very low weight for climbing and acceleration, stretched out geometry with a 140 stem and really steady handling. I left it in California at my second home and bought a AXM 25th anniversary. The ride is the best I have experienced and it tracks even better than the Scandium. My back is better for it as well as I think the fit of the 60 is better for me. Unless this bike is stolen of broken I am in no need of another bike for a long time! Thanks again Eddy!

Team SC

[Nov 03, 2007]
velogeek

Strength:

Really fast

Cost

The Merckx AXM is fast. I mean fast. I ride this bike in one higher gear at the same cadance as I ride in my other bikes. The trade off is this is bike is really stiff. Not stiff like an aluminum frame, but I'm not sure I would like to ride a century on it.

[Oct 23, 2005]
kimbottles

Strength:

Unique, stiff, comfortable, stable at speed, light weight, subtle color.

Cost

Wonderful ride. A bit stiffer than my Colnago C-50 and more comfortable (not that the C-50 isn't a great ride itself.) Much more stable downhill at 80km than the C-50. All around my favorite all time ride ever (which is saying quite a bit in as much as I also love my C-50, however the AXM is better.)

Colnago C-50 w/Campy Carbon Record 10 and Mavic SSL